Sea Life Sea Dragon Flash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divegoose

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a Sea Dragon flash that I use in conjunction with my DC2000 camera.

Lately I have had an issue whereby the flash either won't turn on once I descend, or fails to turn back on during the course of a dive.

This morning I descended to approximately 15 feet, turned on the flash, and took a couple of photos. Went to take a thrid photo and the flash would not fire - I had not turned it off after the first two photos. The flash would not turn on for the rest of the dive. When I was back at my truck and gearing down, I tried the flash and it turned on right away.

I always test the flash prior to leaving home, and prior to entering the water, and it works every time. The flash has a new set of batteries, and the contacts in the battery compartment have been cleaned. I am wondering if it may be the contacts, or something in the on / off switch.

Anyone else had a similar issue with their flash unit ??

Divegoose

The primary issue I have had with mine is the fiber optic cable, and whether it is seated properly.

Mine has dislodged a couple of times from the attachment point (the ring that clips onto the front of the camera lense), to the point that it doesn’t “see” the camera flash, therefore there’s no way for the flash to know that the camera has fired.

Back
Top Bottom