Sea & Sea 890g issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi
I just joined the forum to get some help on why are my Sea & Sea 860g camers crapping out on me. Both of my 860g's will not open the lens when powered on. Is there a shelf life on this model? I did not get any help from Sea & Sea, only that they said it was out of warrenty and I should buy new. I did, I just bought the second 860g new out of the box and have the same problem. Yes the battery's used for testing are fully charged. The monitor mode works as designed.

What is up? Any ideas??

Joe

HI Joe-
#1 - SEA&SEA products come with a 12 month warranty when purchased from an authorized US retailer or distributor. Proof of purchase is required for warranty claims.
If you purchased the 1st or 2nd camera within the last 12 months from a US retailer, it would fall under warranty and would be evaluated.
Please follow the procedures listed at this link and download and fill out the return forms completely if you are requesting warranty evaluation.

If the cameras are older than 12 months, unfortunately they do not fall under warranty, some replacement cameras are available for purchase here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom