Sea&Sea Advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul Lenharr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, I finally got my tax return back, and I plan on buying a set of strobes and the tray / arm set to go with it. Just for reference, I will be mounting a Canon G9 with Canon housing to this setup.

While I'm not completely set on the YS-110a strobes, they seem to fit my bill nicely. I am completely new to setting up the arm systems for these strobes, so please bear with me and my ignorant questions.

1. Will the Sea&Sea Arm VII set mount (2) YS-110a's ?

2. Would that arm set be enough to have some maneuverability with the strobes?
(It's hard for me to tell from the pictures online exactly how this arm setup would work)

3. Does anyone have a suggestion for a better arm set?

Thanks in advance for any advice you all might have

Paul

I have a Sea&Sea Arm VII with two YS-110 strobes for my Sea&Sea Dx-1G and it works fine. I use two sections of the arm that are connected with a ball joint and can maneuver the strobes well. I did discover that I could not use the housing hand strap to tether the camera while diving. I bought a coiled lanyard that I attach to the camera and to my BC which leaves my hands free to adjust the strobes.

Regards,

Bill

HI Paul-
The 110 Alpha's are a great combo with the G9. A few of our photo retailers make this pairing and have fantastic results with their customers, especilly in the DS-TTL mode. As hammerhead_man stated, the Sea Arm VII's will also be compatible, for a dual setup you would need to get 2 x SS-22104.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom