Sea & Sea DX1G firmware update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

haro

New
Reaction score
Hallo Sea & Sea,

I am an owner of the Sea & Sea DX1G camera system. I am also an owner of a the RICOH GX100 camera. Both cameras are almost similar in construction and function, except the underwater modus of the DX1G.
On one of your official websites you give the information that an firmware update is possible using the firmware update files and the published upgrade procedure of the RICOH camera (the underwater modus may be lost).

I tried to update the firmware of both cameras with the following results:

The firmware update of the RICOH camera (to Version 1.51) could be performed without any difficulties. The firmware update of the Sea & Sea DX1G using the same files and the same procedure was not possible because the camera did not accept or recognize the update files on the memory card. What is the reason for this blockade and how can I overcome this difficulty ? Could anybody confirm, that this update procedure really works on a DX1G ?

Thanks for your help. Hans

HI,
It is not recommended to update a SEA&SEA model with another firmware version even though the cameras may be compatible. Ricoh has not offered SEA&SEA a firmware upgrade for the DX-1G, hence there is no compatible update available and this may be a cause of your issues. The DX-1G and GX100 are similar cameras and seemingly there should not be problems updating the firmware using a Ricoh GX100 udpate, however, please read thoroughly any and all information regarding the firmware versions and related caplio software. The Ricoh website page is located HERE.
Good luck.

Hi Haro,

I also tried the firmware update on my DX1G with no success.

Cheers, Treb

Hi Sea & Sea,

thanks for the clarification.

I think, I missunderstood informations on your official website. Here you provide links to RICOH :

> TECH SUPPORT
> PRODUCT UPDATES AND SUPPORT

Firmware Updates and Software/Drivers:
o DX-5000G
o DX-8000G
o DX-1G
o DX-2G

These links are going to the RICOH Website.

Regards, Hans

Hi Sea & Sea,

I tried the update back in March after following the thread "DX-1G Firmware Upgrade???????".

Under that thread, on the 8th March, you provided a link to the Ricoh Web site and at that time were suggesting that the GX100 firmware update should work on the DX-1G, with only the loss of the Sea&Sea Mode. I wasn't worried about the loss of the Sea&Sea mode as I never use it so I tried the update with no success.

No big deal, the camera still works fine, I was just interested to see whether the update got around the the dimmed LCD screen issue in Manual Mode.

Cheers
Treb

Hello all

I just purchased the DX2G and I am a bit confused about the firmware updating.

THe camera shows V 5.23 as the installed firmware and the Ricoh update is V1.25 :confused:

The S & S website firmware updates point to the ricoh site as already mentioned above; I tried to install the Ricoh V1.25 and get the "no rewriting file" message.

Any comments please?

Regards

Joe

The DX-2G has no available updates. It is a new camera and the firmware installed on the camera when shipped from the factory is current.

Thank you.

I was under the impression that the "phenomenon" that were addressed by Ricoh V1.25 15/Jul/09 were also present in the 2G, thus my wish to upgrade.

Altho unnecesary, I installed the language support update without problem.

I am very happy with the camera/housing but I still need some more time to "bond" with the camera functions.

Regards

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom