Sea & Sea fiber optic socket for additional strobe's output

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DazedAndConfuzed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I asked this question in the Strobes section, but maybe rephrase it more specifically for the mfg.

Just got a 2nd Sea & Sea YS-01 strobe and I had an observation.

Since I don't have a Sea & Sea housing that accepts both fiber connections from the camera's housing, I had to use the daisychain method. What I noticed is in DS-TTL mode, that if I turn the level of the 1st strobe's intensity in the daisychain down, then 2nd strobe's intensity also went down. I am able to reduce the 2nd strobe's intensity via its own knob. Thus I am never able to control the light balance where it will be brighter in the side where the fiber optic cable is connected first.

I always assumed the slave strobe trigger in the strobe was a LED re-emitter from the signal of the fiber optic input, but then looking at it again, it might just be some mirror setup where it redirects some of the light from the strobe to it. I am wondering why they took the shortcut?

Am I suppose to hook up a 2nd fiber optic cable from the camera housing? If that was the case, I should have just got one of those cheapo fantasea ones which has a bare fiber optic cable at one end instead of the Sea&Sea which has 2 of its plug in both ends.

What are the is the preferred method for dual Sea & Sea strobes fired by a single fiber optics cable to the camera

Back
Top Bottom