Sea & Sea lens vs Sea & Sea Nikonos lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Packhorse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have recently modified a Sea & Sea 16mm WA leans to fit a M67 thread for my Oly. I am happy with the results so far but would quite like an even wider lens.

Does anyone have any experience with the Sea & sea Nikonos lenses like the 15mm and 12mm?
Would it be possible to use these as an interchangeable wet lens? I realize they have focus and or aperture adjustment on them unlike the 16mm Sea & Sea lens. Im unsure if this will cause issues when using my EPL3 in oly housing.

Thanks
Greg

The sea and sea 16mm lens was designed to be a wet lens with the ability to remove underwater. The nikonos 15mm and sea and sea 12 are designed to be dry lens. It does not have the screw in thread as the 16mm lens. It has the nikonos bayonet mount. Both the 15mm and 12mm would flood the lens. I don't think it would be possible to modify it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom