Sea & Sea pre-flash emulation/ignore in DS-TTL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DazedAndConfuzed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I posted in general strobe forum and got no response, so I will try here.

I noticed many people complain about Sea&Sea YS-01 or YS-110a compatibility issues with their cameras in DS-TTL. Is it the fact multiple pre-flashes are used to meter the amount of light needed for the final flash?

I have a camera with 1 pre-flash and it seems to work properly in TTL mode on my topside test. I also tried it with my camera set to red-eye reduction, thus giving many pre-flashes. I see the strobe perform only one pre-flash, ignoring the rest of the red-eye reduction flashes, then lights up at the end on the main flash, and the exposure comes out properly. Not sure how it knows all the red-eye reduction flashes are not real-flashes and only do the final flash. If it knows all that, you think it knows about multiple pre-flashes, or maybe it always ignores weak flashes after the 1st flash?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom