Sea&sea YS-03 as slave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi All,

Greetings! I'm new here and have a question on the YS-03.

I just upgraded from p&s and S&S YS-03 to a backscatter octopus housing with Olympus ELP9. I didn't realise that it's manual flash only! I'm.thinking of getting a YS-01 Solis and use the YS-03 as a slave. Has anyone done this or similar? Any other idea welcome.

Many thanks in advance!

There are several past discussions about this, just use the search function and you can get a lot of insight on what others have said.

That said, yes, you can use the YS-03 as a slave to the YS-01. The YS-03 will take it's cue from whatever manual setting you have the YS-01 set to. This way you only have to adjust the setting on one strobe.

There are several past discussions about this, just use the search function and you can get a lot of insight on what others have said.

That said, yes, you can use the YS-03 as a slave to the YS-01. The YS-03 will take it's cue from whatever manual setting you have the YS-01 set to. This way you only have to adjust the setting on one strobe.
Thanks for the reply. I tried the strobe on land and it does fire. However, it seems to be firing at max intensity. Will I be able to get away with using it firing at max and adjusting the aperture to adapt? Or will I get a lot of blown out photos? To go from 1 to 2 strobes is quite a large step in the complexity of things

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom