Sea Shepherd has a new 'fast' boat.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why does everyone dislike Watson? The Japanese are not capturing these whales for research specimens as they claim, they are harvesting them for meat. It is a slippery slope to get back into whaling. How has everyone forgotten that?

If you want to talk about animal conversation and killing, look at the Bush Meat/Ivory Wars of the 1980s and 90s in Africa. Armed rangers against more heavily armed poachers. Many people died in these engagements. Not a single person has died in the Sea Shepherds anti-whaling techniques.

I dislike him because I believe his tactics ensure that whaling will continue. Him coming off as an extremely egotistical narcissist doesn't help.

Why does everyone dislike Watson?

Not a single person has died in the Sea Shepherds anti-whaling techniques.

Why do you type such absolute BS;

What makes you think "everyone" dislikes Watson?

Did anyone claim that anybody has died due to the SS anti-whaling techniques?

Be gentle halemano, I think David is on your side. :wink:

Hyperbole has no place in civilized conversation.

IMHO, MY side only uses hyperbole in mocking uncivilized conversations. :D

Why does everyone dislike Watson?
I dislike Watson because he is a bumbling idiot running a ship of fools that will kill somebody one of these trips.

He offends my sense of seamanship.

I also dislike vigilante justice, where the vigilante declares themselves to be above the law.

My dislike has nothing to do with my approval or disapproval of whaling.

I also dislike vigilante justice, where the vigilante declares themselves to be above the law.

With regards to the applicable "laws" for the region of this conflict, I would love to see a list of the "laws" both sides of this conflict have broken... :idk:

halemanō;5683689:
With regards to the applicable "laws" for the region of this conflict, I would love to see a list of the "laws" both sides of this conflict have broken... :idk:
Two wrongs don't make a right.

A vigilante is a vigilante whether or not the person he attacks is guilty or not.

But if there is no applicable authority enforcing the applicable laws, without the vigilante more whales end up being killed. :idk:

If we say England was wrong to tax the Colonies without representation, was the Treason of the Colonies the second wrong that did not make a right? :idk:

(not intended as exact history, just a direction for contemplation) :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom