Sea Shepherd has a new 'fast' boat.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regardless of your opinion of the organization, this is one nice vessel. Around the world in less than 80 days, 27 knot top speed, NICE!

Regardless of your opinion of the organization, this is one nice vessel. Around the world in less than 80 days, 27 knot top speed, NICE!

They definitely get the cool toys.

The last ship was awfully nice as well. The Ady Gil....the one they sank by running in front of the "whaling vessel" The Shonan Maru 2. Too bad it will not be a common wreck dive :sad:. I have higher hopes for the newest member of the fleet :D

Steve, don't you know that the evil whaling vessel purposely ran over the ady gil. The poor defenseless crew never had a chance to get out of the way before the evil empire ran them down...

Watson was charged with operating a vessel without the appropriate credentials in Canada in the 70's. He was convicted and this was appealed to the Supreme Court of Canada. The vessel he was operating (like all vessels in his organization) are registered as private yachts. The Supreme Court held that no such license was required and the charge was dismissed. Maritime Law defines CAPTAIN or SEA CAPTAIN, as the name given to the master or commander of a vessel. Watson is in-fact entitled to call himself Captain and wear such insignia as he deems appropriate; including a clown nose and bunny ears should he desire to do so...

Captain Paul Watson is not a captain, yet he needs to call himself one, his agency refers to him as captain.

He is not licensed as a Captain anywhere in the world but they sure like to use the image of him as a captain. Why let the truth get in the way.

Captain Watson is a sea captain in the truly traditional sense – where he is the master and commander of his own ships

The Cove Guardians Carry On
Commentary by Captain Paul Watson

Captain Paul Watson - Sea Shepherd

He's a fake and a poser, get a load of his Capt uniform. The four stripes on the sleeve denote a captain and get a load of that chestful of medals

I wish Japan would just send a war ship and put the Sea Shepard on the bottom.

I wish Japan would just send a war ship and put the Sea Shepard on the bottom of the ocean somewhere central to and easily accessible by both :ss: and :holysheep:.

Fixed that for you :wink:

I think the clown nose and bunny ears would suit him very well . . .

---------- Post Merged at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:58 AM ----------

although they may legitimize him to much . . .

Fixed that for you :wink:

Yes-somewhere shallow and warm, while they are at they could put the whalling fleet on the bottom as well..and then scuttle themselves...that would make for a real nice reef.

We are saving the oceans, creating artificial reefs that should help increase the fish population, helping the global economy by creating new dive sites for divers to travel to as well as freeing the world of some dumbasses.......all while drinking our morning cup of java......

thats not a bad idea, but I am sure some hippie will complain about the oil slick created and the pollution from the boats not being spick and span before sinking them . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom