Seabear Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gnulab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I'm pretty sure some user in here has heard of the SeaBearSEABEAR Diving Technology brand of dive computer. It produces nice dive computer and I'd say it makes a very nice alternative to the ones out there

My question is, has ayone tried contacting them and actually receive reply from them?

Henry

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Henry - Seabear was recently acquired by Scubapro. It's a fine computer - has Seabear not responded to your emails?

Henry - Seabear was recently acquired by Scubapro. It's a fine computer - has Seabear not responded to your emails?

Nope, none of my emails have been answered by them.

Guess, we know what will happen to the seabear brand.

Too bad, their stuff looks very interesting. I can't even find a single video on youtube of the H3 in the hands of an actual diver. I assume that means the things just aren't out in the wild. I was hoping that they will eventually show up in dive shops and on divers. Time will tell, I guess.

Too bad, their stuff looks very interesting. I can't even find a single video on youtube of the H3 in the hands of an actual diver. I assume that means the things just aren't out in the wild. I was hoping that they will eventually show up in dive shops and on divers. Time will tell, I guess.
I'm already using the H3 with trimix options, though haven't had the chance to dive trimix.

2 questions I do have for them that went unanswered.

1. The compass is is way off from compass of other manufacturers, be it analog or other dive computers, somewhere around 60 degrees off.

2. The MOD displayed in their gas module is wrong, even though the ppO2 is set to 1.4 bar. Wonder if it affects the calculation.

Pretty big issues I'd say.

Henry

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom