Seac Wetsuit Privilege

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ak1

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody is familiar with Seac Privilege XT 7mm two piece wet suits? Price seem to be very competitive as compared to Henderson and some other brands. Would love to hear review / opinions.

Thank you.

I haven't seen any issues with them, but I really don't like 2 piece wetsuits, especially at 7mm as I really don't believe they are a safe decision in exposure protection if you dive deeper than about 35-40ft with them. If you need that much thermal protection and are diving deeper than 40ft, you really need to be in a drysuit. The compression that those suits experience is imho not safe

We are located in NE, our local shop recommends two piece 7mm. Water temp could go down to about 50 degrees. He sells Henderson in his shop but they go for around $500. Seac is about half of that.

We are located in NE, our local shop recommends two piece 7mm. Water temp could go down to about 50 degrees. He sells Henderson in his shop but they go for around $500. Seac is about half of that.

how deep are you going? In 50* water, you should be fine with a normal 7mm, but regardless of the circumstances, if you are diving deeper than about 20-30ft, I don't think 7mm farmer johns are safe

planning to go down to at least 40-50'. curious to hear your opinion why you don't think it is safe, this is what our instructor recommended

thx

planning to go down to at least 40-50'. curious to hear your opinion why you don't think it is safe, this is what our instructor recommended

thx

too much wetsuit compression creates a serious imbalance in your weighting. This can cause you to not be able to kick your rig up to the surface from depth. Ditching weight will cause you to unlikely be able to maintain a safety stop and also inhibits your ability to descent again if you have to in an emergency. You are also at high risk of hypothermia at the surface due to evaporative cooling from the wetsuits.

If the water is cold enough to require a 7mm farmer john, you arguably should be in a drysuit or at least a 7mm semi dry.

It would take some pretty unusual (and very unlikely) circumstances for that to become a safety issue. Not to mention cold water doesn't always mean cold air. I like to wear a 7mm wetsuit with a 5mm hooded vest to quarry dive in the summer because bottom temps are in the low 50's. Even if the air is cool, it just means you get out of your wetsuit fairly quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom