Seafrogs aluminium housing for Sony a6xxx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gral

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry if its been asked, but I can't find any info and I'm getting confused. I'm looking for (cheap) housing options for a6300. One obvious alternative seems to be "Seafrogs salted line housing". Then I came across "Seafrogs aluminium housing" on Amazon, but It's not on Seafrogs .hk homepage and there are no reviews anywhere. I do however find it on seafrogs.cc. Is it the same company? Does anyone here have experience with the aluminium housing for a6300/a6500?

The seafrogs.com.hk and meikon.com.hk sites belong to Digital Video Limited in Hong Kong, while seafrogs.cc is run out of Shenzhen in mainland China - I don't know what the exact relationship between them is, but the latter appears to be a wholesaler dealing through distributors, while the former is a retailer selling directly to consumers. Digital Video (Meikon) carries some, but not all, products listed on seafrogs.cc - for example, they used to sell the ST-100 strobes, but after multiple customers complained about features that did not work as advertised, they dropped those and replaced them with Sea & Sea YS-03.
Regarding the housing - I don't have one, but from what I see online, I don't see any advantages over the Salted Line polycarbonate model. The one Amazon listing I could find is not actually available for purchase - I did find it on Alibaba (not Aliexpress), but it costs $858 + shipping for a single unit, and that's only with a basic flat port that will only let you use the 16-50mm kit lens. The extra ports do exist - this housing is sold here with ports for SEL1018 (7" dome) and SEL90, for 290 and 190 euros respectively - but I can't find any other place that sells them. Unless you need the 100m depth rating, I don't really see the point.

Thank you! You cleared up all the questions i had, and I agree that the polycarbonate model is a better fit for me. I want to stay shallow where all the beautiful fish are :)

I might be selling mine, now that I got a used Nauticam. Would you be interested.

Its the salted line a6xxx housing with two additional ports. Used about 6 times...

That's really nice of you. I went a slightly different route and got a housing for my compact camera. I'll get back to you when/if i regret that :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom