Seagrape Dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Streydog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was certified at Seagrape 3 years ago and I haven't been back to Roatan since. I have my plane tickets booked for late April. I see now Seagrape has a restaurant and offers a breakfast and lunch package. Has anyone been there recently?

Should I be in a rush to book lodging and diving for late April?

After Easter, things calm down quite a bit. I'm still a strong believer in planning my trip and reserving accordingly :)

Seagrape hasn't answered my emails so I guess I will be looking elsewhere.

We'd love to have you check out Media Luna Resort & Spa. The diving is great on the south shore :)

Cocolobo is more upscale and almost next door if you want the same area. Ocean View Roatan Hotel - Cocolobo But their suggested dive operations are Reef Gliders or Sun Divers in town. I rented next door to Cocolobo so walked over once - it's pretty nice. They may not do dinner though.

Half Moon Resort around the point in the bay (but still on the ironshore) supposedly has one of the better restaurants in the area. Half Moon Resort.
This is from Coconut Tree's Roatan dining page:
Capture.JPG

Eco Divers is on-site for diving.

It's where the Stanley Sub is located.

Last edited:
I will be going solo and I think Media Luna would be too isolated for me.

I will be going solo and I think Media Luna would be too isolated for me.

You're right - Media Luna is the place for peace, quiet and natural beauty to go along with the awesome diving. The key to enjoying your vacations is to plan for your expectations both above AND below the water.

Have a great vacation and enjoy Roatan :)

Should I be in a rush to book lodging and diving for late April?

Well if you want a bungalow you'd have to be rushing for a reservation for 2018! If you're OK with the hotel rooms you should be able to get a room for this year.
We stay at seagrape every year but the restaurant opened since our last visit so I can't comment on that but the resort and dive shop are still the same. Some faces have changed but it's still the wonderful family run place that seems like home away from home. I find it odd that Mariella hasn't responded to your email, she's an extremely competent manager. If you enjoyed your last stay and are serious about going back you should give them a call +504 7445-4297.

Thanks for the info but I already put a deposit down for a dive in stay with West End Divers. I will have to sneak a dive or two in a Seagrape.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom