Seahunt TV show last episode aired 50 years ago today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On May 30 31st a 50 year Sea Hunt reunion was held at Silver Springs Florida where the underwater scenes for over 100 episodes were filmed. Vintage divers recreated scenes from Sea Hunt with authentic gear for the patrons of Silver Springs to view from glass bottom boats. People that were involved with the making of the show attended. I was 6 years old when Sea Hunt came on and have been a huge fan ever since. I am very gratefull to have been one of 20 vintage divers that participated. Go to the VDH forum for photos and more info on this event. Long live Sea Hunt Mike

Reactions: D_B
It did! I also took me 40 years to realize that dream but I'm there. Sea Hunt is showing locally at 5:30 AM and I have the DVR capturing episodes now.

I loved Sea Hunt as a kid and a couple of years ago I found the entire series on DVD on ebay. We now take a volume of the DVDs with us on dive trips and always get a great reaction from our fellow divers (land based or live aboard) when we offer to have a "Sea Hunt" night!

Reactions: D_B
Does anyone remember the TV series The Aquanauts, later Malibu Run?

It looked like they had a deal with Sportsways to supply their gear. It didn’t last long. I’m not sure if it was the almost complete lack of story line or maybe the all-black wetsuits :wink:

I can’t say it influanced me, but I watched all of them anyway.

THAT"S IT!!! THANK YOU!

For years I've wanted to know what the name of that show was. I never had any luck serching for it on the internet. But I do remember see reruns of it and as a kid I loved that show or any show that had diving in any form. That show was aways on the edge of my mind.

Another one from the 60's I've been watching on Hulu is "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea".
The first season is in B/W and there's a lot of double hose diving action.
In later seasons they went to single hose regs and plastic back packs.

We have been watching Sea Hunt on Hulu. While we never watched it as a kid, a little too young for that, we do enjoy it and get some good laughs out of it. It always cracks me up how Mike props his leg up on something while he is talking to someone and it almost always appears as if his inflated crouch is in someones face. Not long ago at Rawlings there was a guy there wearing his tight speedo and helping his lady friend load the truck, while loading he proped his leg up like Mike to help load. Daughter and I could not hold back the laughter. I had a sudden urge to call out Hey Mike to introduce myself.

This thread introduced me to Hulu. I just watched episode #1. I haven't seen a Sea Hunt episode in at least 40 years, probably more like 45 (I would have been 9), yet the theme music was so familiar it was like I had seen an episode yesterday. Amazing how an impression stays with you.

This thread introduced me to Hulu.

That makes two of us...
I just loaded the app on my iPhone and I have been watching Voyage to the bottom of the sea.

Great heads up on Hulu.com

FB-Florida Scuba Diver

Question for all you old timers, no offence intended. Watching Mike scuba using his whole body and arms like swimming, was this once the accepted method of scuba diving???? As it is not an easy task, I tried it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom