Sealant for enclosure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It depends on the leak, but has more to do with successful fixers being able to
check three lines for structure, avoiding abbreviation, and correcting spelling..

You don't say where it's leaking. O-ring? Control buttons? Other joint? Cracked housing?

Without knowing it's hard to make any recommendations.

You don't say where it's leaking. O-ring? Control buttons? Other joint? Cracked housing?

Without knowing it's hard to make any recommendations.

the housing itself:

i plan on putting the marine sealant around the flash housing as i dont think i can close the enclosure if i pit the sealant in inside; and i never use external flash anyways.
whatya guys think?

Attachments

• P1020468.JPG
    P1020468.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 29
  • P1020467.JPG
    P1020467.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 42
  • P1020466.JPG
    P1020466.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 33
It depends on the leak, but has more to do with successful fixers being able to
check three lines for structure, avoiding abbreviation, and correcting spelling..

if you have nothing productive to say, leave the thread please.

Remove and discard the plate and then seal over the entire area with a fairly thick layer of waterproof glue or sealant. The cracks however are going to continue to grow if you use the housing at any appreciable depth and likely lead to catastrophic failure. You could try drill-stopping the cracks but that creates more holes to deal with. If you cherish the camera, get a new case.

Remove and discard the plate and then seal over the entire area with a fairly thick layer of waterproof glue or sealant. The cracks however are going to continue to grow if you use the housing at any appreciable depth and likely lead to catastrophic failure. You could try drill-stopping the cracks but that creates more holes to deal with. If you cherish the camera, get a new case.

ive tried removing the plate but it seem to be screwed too tight and screws have probably warped a bit. because of this i just plan to put the sealant all around the metal plate and adjacent portions of plastic.

i like the camera/housing setup a lot. however im not an avid photographer and i only do u/w photography/videos. so i really hoping this fix will ast me a year or so. the problem with getting a new case is that, its hard to find one for this particular model, and even when stores say they have it on stock, sometimes they actually dont. also as technology goes, if i have to end up buying an enclosure, id just rather sell the camera and get a whole new enclosure and camera system - however i dont want to do this just yet.

its really too bad, since i took some great vids with this camera, few samples :

3m Marine sealant usually works well.
Bill

i forgot to thank you for your response bill. trying to source out one locally but have not had luck so far. any alternatives just in case?

cheers

Nice vids, especially the first one. If you can't remove the plate, be sure and seal over the screw holes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom