Sealife DC500

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coldiver1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
How do you know?,...or when do you change the dessicant capsule inside the Sealife DC500 undewater housing?

Depends on the packs.

If it's been very humid, change em after every use. If it's just normal, you can probably get several uses out of them.

You can also buy the ones that change colour to let you know when they are "used".

The one's for the dc500 are blue when they are fresh. They are fine until they turn completely pink. I have heard of people recharging them but it is not recommended by the company. I tried to do it in the microwave like I had seen on this site but they got disfigured and blew up. (I tried 50% at 10 second increments)

If you can open the packs, you should be able to recharge them. You need to pour the dessicant out to recharge it.

I would think recharging in an oven would work better.

Thanks all for the info. I haved had approx. 5 short sessions with the camera and the capsule is still purple.
Coldiver

I tried to charge my packs also, in the oven with 300*, while they did turn blue they got misshapen. I decided I could use them in the strobe head or the pouch I keep my extra battery in, but not the UW housing for fear of the grains spilling out somehow, getting into the seal, wrecking my camera. I figure better safe then sorry. Seems they are like a $1 apiece, so I will forgo the treat coffee.

TwobitTexan
The goofy things can't be opened, they are formed into a cylinder shape to fit into a spot in the housing.

Back
Top Bottom