Sealife DC800 Has EXTREMELY Poor Image Quality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With your (new and working) DC1000 and some "time served", you'll be able to shoot as well or better. Good luck!

I particularly like the octo, although all of them are cool
I shot some interesting video of him, but I haven't had time to edit that yet. I shot the video with the DC600 as well...

Posted via Mobile Device

those are all pretty darn good pics. I would think that the higher version models would improve on them even more. More than likely, scubatoys just got a bad batch, which happens.

I'm torn between getting a DC1000 or a Snapper HDDV from Bonica. or maybe both.

Hey Cooltech- I am blown away how nice those pics are. You must have had a strobe. Did you photoshop them? I have the dc800 and I try my darndest to macro shoot and all I get is blurr. I shot 15-20 toad fish at Coz last week, at least 100 shots maybe 5 arent blurry. I was shooting a sea-hare at Villa Blanca at night, the thing is huge and it's all blurry. My sea-horses for crying out loud are blurry. The only real critter that poses.lol I have no trouble hanging in front of them. I am not rising as the shot goes off. My videos even seem blurry. Sometimes not. I tried sending the shots to people so they can analyse them but I dont know how to properly do that and I dont know anyone in Edmonton that can teach me. I have a ton of shots that I would like to show alas they are mine alone to look at right now.
Did you take courses or something or just shot your butt off to get that good?
Whine over

Say Cooltech,

You have set the benchmark big time. Awsome photos. Question though, what is that grumpy little blighter in the photo after the Octopus?

Cheers

Hey Cooltech- I am blown away how nice those pics are. You must have had a strobe. Did you photoshop them? I have the dc800 and I try my darndest to macro shoot and all I get is blurr. I shot 15-20 toad fish at Coz last week, at least 100 shots maybe 5 arent blurry. I was shooting a sea-hare at Villa Blanca at night, the thing is huge and it's all blurry. My sea-horses for crying out loud are blurry. The only real critter that poses.lol I have no trouble hanging in front of them. I am not rising as the shot goes off. My videos even seem blurry. Sometimes not. I tried sending the shots to people so they can analyse them but I dont know how to properly do that and I dont know anyone in Edmonton that can teach me. I have a ton of shots that I would like to show alas they are mine alone to look at right now.
Did you take courses or something or just shot your butt off to get that good?
Whine over
Thanks.

Yes, I use the digital pro strobe. I run them through a quick pass of CorelDraw (I'm no expert photographer. I shoot 100s of pictures on a dive and hope some will come out :D )

I rarely shoot macro mode. I can't get it to work. Everything blurs on me. Through an accidental process, I learned that digital zoom works with the wide angle lens in place... I take a shot or two so I can be sure the strobe is correct, then I use the digital zoom to get the shot I want.

I've tried macro and digital zoom without the wide angle, but they don't seem to have enough to focus on the subject. With the wide angle, the camera seems to focus better with the digital zoom

No classes... Just get to know your camera rig by testing as often as you can. My original camera was a 3meg Olympus without a strobe. I had to be in reeeeal close to have a picture that wasn't tinted green or blue.

Here is the first picture I took with my DC600
castor10.jpg

Aft end of MV Castor out of Boynton Beach, Fl. 88' deep

Needless to say, when I saw that image in my viewer after I shot it... I was pretty excited about my new camera!

Say Cooltech,

You have set the benchmark big time. Awsome photos. Question though, what is that grumpy little blighter in the photo after the Octopus?

Cheers
Thanks.

That is a Shortnose Batfish.

I really only posted the pictures to show that the camera isn't a "stinker" (If it isn't defective :wink: )

BTW: I enjoyed your Blue Hole NM pictures, I plan to dive there the next time we fly out for the Roswell UFO Festival since we will fly into ABQ.

One of these days, I'll take a camera UW there! :D

Let me know when you are comming out, and we can try to plan a RockyMountainOyster get together at the Hole. We just had one... about 20 divers from CO, NM, and TX showed up! We generally have a LOT less participants.

Back
Top Bottom