Sealife DC800 Has EXTREMELY Poor Image Quality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ningaloo,
this is a great approach to customer service.
Sladerer, it was, probably, a batch of faulty housings. We ended up with one flooded and two good cameras and think that all three housings were faulty. I cannot sell it on Ebay because I will have to state the problem and anyway, by now we spent more money than if we bought Sea and Sea. After DC600 we really thought that DC800 is a godsend. Now even if we return camera to a distributor what we will end up with - new faulty one? So that is why we stopped bothering Sealife and distributors, just use our dive knife to gently extract stuck buttons. What I would like to state here is that the quality of our pictures is amazing when zoom button works, we used other cameras in the same price range or even more expensive and Sealife cameras are absolutely great. If it was not for these terribly upsetting problems with housings by now we would be thinking where to get money for the DC1000.

It is OK to zoom underwater provided you are within the recommended range of the flash you are using. I also like to use zoom when i want to shoot some Macro simply to allow for better positioning of the Digital Pro Flash.

The dive shop exchanged my third faulty housing (it was under the warranty) and this time I am totally happy - everything is perfect. So my initial opinion still holds - there were some faulty housings , probably, a whole batch. No I have not problems with buttons and zooms and once again I am a fan of Sealife and even started thinking about the next one. When we were terribly disappointed with Sealife's both housings and customer service, I still think that sealife is better entry camera than Sea and Sea. Sealife can take great quality pictures in conditions where Sea and Sea would only produce green ones. And, yes, the right positioning of trhe flash is very important.
So, once again, I am a happy Sealife owner.

Back
Top Bottom