Sealife External Flash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use two SL961's and I'm happy. Pics are on the website for those who care.

Don
Some very nice pictures, Don!

I noticed some distance shots where color remained in the shot. What camera and settings do you use when taking the distance shots?

Well here goes but shhhhhhhhh dont tell any one. The camera is set to external flash and the flashes are on automatic. Seriously it's the camera doing the work and there's always photoshop :) The brighter shots were at 10 - 15 meters so the sun may be helping also and water clarity.

However here goes the settings for the capture function;
Scene Mode: Ext Flash
Size: 2848x2848
Quality: Fine
Sharpness: Normal
Saturation: High
Color: Vivid
White Balance: Auto
ISO: 64
Metering: Average

Wow! Same settings I am using. Someone asked why my (close) shots were nice and without scatter... I told them to setup with Ext Flash and play with the arm... lol

I just haven't found the right distance setting for the single strobe yet... Yeah, I know my camera takes much better pictures than I ever will... but, I know I've sold more than my share of people on the SeaLife camera and flash... lol

Does adjusting the ISO really make a difference? On my camera you can only adjust it from 100-400.

Try the lowest ISO possible and progress from there. On my topside Nikon gear I go up to 1600 ISO but below the water line I've found lower is better.

Don

So I guess I will try 100... What does ISO actually do?

I got a diffuser: "Sealife Digital Pro Flash Diffuser" for SL961, but I find that it is blocking 90% of the light. I tried on auto brightness, on max (I think it's setting 9), but the pictures are very dark, almost as if no flash. I got the diffuser from Adorama (through amazon).

Can anybody share tips if they had similar issue?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom