SeaLife introduces the new DC2000 Digital Underwater Camera!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A couple of quick questions to SeaLife:

Does the DC2000 housing have a coldshoe?

Will the DC Wide Angle Lens (SL970) fit on it and if the SL970 fits on the DC2000 housing, will it work without vignetting?

Yes and yes (both the fish-eye and wide angle lenses are listed as compatible in their press release, so I'm assuming so)

For me, I often use physical zoom for framing rather than 'macro', so that's what I'm concerned about here.

As do I. My point was that what was shown in the video wasn't bad for not having a physical zoom. Speaking of which, I wonder how the "super macro" setting will work. I never really used it before, but it had a fixed zoom. So, without a physical zoom, I wonder what that setting changes now.

As do I. My point was that what was shown in the video wasn't bad for not having a physical zoom. Speaking of which, I wonder how the "super macro" setting will work. I never really used it before, but it had a fixed zoom. So, without a physical zoom, I wonder what that setting changes now.

Good question.

Yes and yes (both the fish-eye and wide angle lenses are listed as compatible in their press release, so I'm assuming so)

Yes, but the SL970 is generally described as being compatible with "all DC series cameras", but on the SL970 page it's described as not /really/ compatible with the DC1400 due to vignetting.

It's not the sort of assumption I'm willing to make.

Yes, but the SL970 is generally described as being compatible with "all DC series cameras", but on the SL970 page it's described as not /really/ compatible with the DC1400 due to vignetting.

It's not the sort of assumption I'm willing to make.

I've never had the wide angle, but with the fish eye to avoid vignetting, the DC1400 had to be slightly zoomed in because the port on it was slightly longer to allow for the physical zoom. With the shorter port, I don't think it will require zooming into the lens. But, yeah, you may want to wait for official word or play with one at a LDS to be on the safe side.

I'm hoping that someone from SeaLife will log in and be able to answer.

Hey, SeaLife people... anyone here to answer questions?

I was able to get this response from them:
"Yes, the SL970 is also compatible with the DC2000. There is some minor vignetting in the corners. Both the SL970 and SL975 fisheye only focus underwater and not on land. Camera can be set to normal, macro or super macro focus."

So, it sounds like the shorter port doesn't completely eliminate the vignetting, but just a slight tap of the digital zoom should eliminate it.

Thanks for dragging that out of them. That's sightly disappointing.

It's time SL rejoined the conversation here on ScubaBoard.

Thanks for dragging that out of them. That's sightly disappointing.

It's time SL rejoined the conversation here on ScubaBoard.

They're good people and have top of the line customer service. That's one of the main reasons I've stuck with their products so long. But you're right that they don't patrol the boards or their Facebook as much these days.

Back
Top Bottom