Sealife Micro 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haiawata

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Most likely this question has been answered many times before. I am not a photographer by all means, just like taking underwater sceneries and creatures. I have previously used Nikon Coolpix for a couple of trips till it flooded most likely because I exceeded its depth limit. The quality of pictures were good enough for me, without much troubles for light source. When I wanted to bright or sharpen the object, I used my usual dive light with various settings up to 1000 lumens.
Now I got a SeaLife Micro 2.0 as a replacement. I understand that this cameras is not designed for Land shots even if this function exists in the menue, so I am not surprised with a bad quality of test shots. What bothers me, that any of these taken under a light slightly lower than bright comes just pitch dark. Does this camera work underwater the same way? Does this camera produce pictures of a reasonable quality without the SeaDragon outfit?

I have shot the micro quite a bit; something is wrong if you are not getting good exposure.
Even on land it works fine for me.
Bill

I have shot the micro quite a bit; something is wrong if you are not getting good exposure.
Bill
Weird
Bill
Thanks, Bvanant,
I contacted SeaLife, they were not able to help. The only thing they suggested to get their lights that sounds bizarre bearing in mind that there was no need for extra light at the conditions I test the camera on.

Hey Haiawata - this may sound really basic, but what mode are you using for the test shots on land? The automatic modes should deliver proper exposure, while manual mode might be pitch black with the wrong settings. Cheers - Brent
Thanks, Brent, and yes, I used automatic. I get ambient quality pictures on land under normal light conditions and on a short distance, that is it. I guess this camera is no good generally for land photo. I just came to Philippines, so will test the camera underwater soon. I will post the results.

I too have a fairly new Sealife Micro 2.0. In fact, I haven't gotten a chance to use it in the water yet (perhaps this weekend). I have taken some land pictures and videos though.

If you aren't getting good quality on land, there's something wrong with the camera. The quality of the land pictures is just fine (IMHO). I will tell you that as I was learning the camera, I got some particularly ugly land shots when I was shooting land shots and the camera was actually in underwater mode.

When I went into the "Easy Setup" and selected "Land", my land shots turned out much better. I could be wrong because I'm still learning the camera but, it appears that every time I turn the camera off and turn it back on, it comes up in underwater mode by default.

I too have gotten decent shots with it on land and also under water without using a flash or light. A program on my computer "freshens up" the photos. Sometimes the fish eye affect is irritating. I'm not into complicated heavy equipment and getting aggressive around other divers to get my shots. So this camera works for me.

Thanks everybody, I figured out the camera. About the land pictures, they are acceptable.They are not of a high quality I might wrongly expected but with a right setting these will sure do. The underwater pictures are good, better than taken with my previous camera Nikon. These are brighter, more naturally colored, and easier to take switching between settings and video/photo modes. So, the camera works.
Cheers, and good dives everybody.

Back
Top Bottom