Sealife Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

45thParallel

Reaction score
Hey peeps, a friend bought me a Sealife Sport camera for my b-day...and I know its not the best camera in the world, but I really want to get into photography...and someday I'll buy my 2 or 3K camera...but for now I can be quite happy with what I have.

My question for you guys is this...does anyone have this camera? How does it perform? I dive in the Bay of Fundy of Eastern Canada where it is all cold dark water...so everything here is done macro-photo...does anyone use the macro lens? I read somewhere's that it dosen't stay on very well...and the next question, is the it worth the money to pick up the SeaLife Strobe...and does the use a manual firing? or is it connected w/ the Camera to fire in Sync?

-45th:confused:

I know nothing about that camera at all so I can't help you with the specifics.

If it has an internal strobe you might get by somewhat for macro pics without a strobe but I can guarantee you'll take better ones with a strobe. Whether it's worth it, I couldn't say.

I can answere some of this as I am using sealife for know till i get moved up for a digital unit
firstI use the sealife pro unit basic same camera but mine rated for 164feet wear yours rated for 100 feet .
set up but with strobes and I have all three lens 3X , 8X, 16 X and the wand which is used to measure the distance from subject to camera
the camera takes prety decent pictures with pratice , I would recommend shoot at least three rolls of film in pool with diffrent objects in the water to get hang of the camera ,both with day light and night time and examine each picture and think of how to improve them .
personallyI have found great improvemnt with the strobe
but if its cold and dark then also use the muchers which are little moiser asorbers .
sure there are plenty hear that can give you more tips.
remember this is prety decet basic camera for starters but some people dont ever move from film but most will tell you(get close)

closes will greatly improve the quality of the picture most of the time .

and to answere your question about lens I have never had mine fall off but have heard others say so , I have mine on a lanyard so they are together and can keep up with them hopes this helps have fun with it enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!

that helped quite alot...i love shootin film underwater...did some of it during my advance checkouts....

but can you tell me how the strobe is setup w/ the camera? does it fire automatically when you push the snap button on the camera? and do you know if i can swap out my camera from the sport an put it in say a reefmaster housing so i can get some better depth?

The strobes on the Sealifes are "slaves". The strobe has a sensor that will fire when it senses the internal flash is firing. In fact, I found that mine would fire when my buddy's strobes fired!

I have a Reefmaster, and have never had a problem with the macro lenses staying on.

The best price I've seen on a strobe is at Scubatoys.com

Back
Top Bottom