Seaquest BC weight pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steveolevi

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking to find out if the new sure-lock weight system can be fitted as an up grade. I'd like to keep my Seaquest QD pro plus BC. (one year old with velcro weight pockets) Does anyone know?
I wonder if it would be a Seaquest upgrade or just a homgrown modoification.
Thanks all.
Steve

steveolevi once bubbled...
I'm looking to find out if the new sure-lock weight system can be fitted as an up grade. I'd like to keep my Seaquest QD pro plus BC. (one year old with velcro weight pockets) Does anyone know?
I wonder if it would be a Seaquest upgrade or just a homgrown modoification.
Thanks all.
Steve
The Sure-lok system doesn't seem to me to be all that more secure, if at all.

If you want really secure you could just sew a quick disconnect male end to the weight pocket flap, and sew the female end to the front of the BC zippered storage pocket.

Weight ditching would be a two step process. You could get the same sort of feel and the one step operation as the sure-lok system by filing down the points of the male quick disconnect a bit so that a forcible yank would disconnect it.

I've thought about doing this mod, but haven't bothered since I haven't had any problem with the velcro pockets.

If you do decide to experiment, I'd be interested in hearing about the results.

I've checked, and there is no upgrade to the Sure-lok system from Seaquest. Like the last poster, I've had no problems with the velcro, and I frequently dive with 10 lbs. in each pocket.

I have the seaquest pro bc with the surelock and im not so sure about it. After about 50 dives, ive had 1 dive with a issue. It was in Honduras, and i was looking for a entry point in the Odysee wreck. I started to put my head in a open cover hatch on the deck (picutre me going down head first into the hatch) and after I looked around for a second, I reversed motion to siganl my buddy and something caught the weight pocket and pulled it out of my bc. I start floating up, while the weight went into the ship. I dumped my air, and struggled to swim back to the hatch for something to grab onto. My buddy went in the boat and got the weight pouch for me. It wasnt dangerous, but it sucked.
In the future, im going to get a bp/wing for penetration wrecks and drysuit diving here on the pacific coast, and use my seaquest for warm water and easy rec dives. I really believe you need different sets of equipment for different diving types. my 2 cents..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom