Seaquest BC's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mick

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Seaquest Pro Unlimited or Pro QD BC ???
These two seem to be my favourite for purchasing, any good or bad points would be greatly appreciated. :D

Thanks

Mick

I use the Pro QD for open water diving most of the time. It is, in my opinion, the best all-round jacket style BC on the market. Tons of lift, comfy, easy to jettison weights, big pockets.. If I have any gripe at all about it it's that the weight pockets interfere a little with the regular pockets - but not enough to be a real hassle.
My bride dives the Diva QD and loves it.
Rick

I dive the SeaQuest Black Diamond and the Balance BC. In fact, I'll be diving the BD in 2 hours. My boat trip got cancelled again today, so I'm going night diving with one of my former students. :D

Hi Mick,

I have a Pro QD -- after 25 dives I still give it a thumbs up -- comfortable, easily adjustable, easy to use weight integration, big pockets and durable. It has 3 air dumps, which I also find convenient -- standard left shoulder dump, right buttock dump and a right shoulder dump (with control that is close to your right nipple) Not a ton of O-rings, but if you are not a tech diver, this is less important. I saw a Pro Unlimited recently and it looked like the QD, but with more gadgets -- BC knive, various built-in retractors, cumberbund with a pocket in it, etc. It also seemed to cost a couple $100 more than the QD -- not sure if this is worth it just for the bells and whistles.

My $0.02.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom