Seaquest XR2 1st stage info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lefrench

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I have a first stage Seaquest xr2 (cf enclosed picture)
I would like to know if someone knows if it s piston? Membrane? or oil technology ? If cold water compatible?
And if it still possible to find a technician for a check up or it is too old?

Regards
Roland

Attachments

• 20181118_105852.jpg
    20181118_105852.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 310
From the photo it looks like it might be the same as or a variant of the Aqualung Pioneer or the Nordic. (To the best of my knowledge, all Seaquest regulators were sourced from Aqualung)

If so, those are both silicone oil filled piston. Probably cold water, but I don’t have reference info on that. No idea about parts availability - no kit listed on my docs.

That is a generic owners manual covering the full Seaquest line at the time, with some product specific portions, and not a service manual. Address and phone in the doc are Aqualung US, so they already owned Seaquest at the time but were maintaining it as a separate brand offering variations of Aqualung regulators. Your first photo is better than the second one where it is harder to make out details.
So for the manuals I have, the Pioneer/Nordic is still closest. I don’t know how widely Seaquest was sold outside the US. If you are trying to get it serviced and calling around, you may have better luck asking about the Aqualung names. If it was brought in to me by a customer, I know I would probably be able to get solid guidance from the service department with a couple of emailed photos and phone calls.

Somme extra pictures
Sell with XR2 cryo 2nd stage

This stage is about 20years old, is it still safe to use it?

Attachments

• 20181119_103628.jpg
    20181119_103628.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 211
  • 20181119_103609.jpg
    20181119_103609.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 224
  • 20181119_103600.jpg
    20181119_103600.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 270
  • 20181119_103553.jpg
    20181119_103553.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 20181118_105852.jpg
    20181118_105852.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 212
Definitely not an Infinity. That version has some flat sides, your photo shows a totally rounded barrel. Also, you new photos show an Aqualung yoke knob and not a SeaQuest knob. So now it is even tougher to know for sure. Is this a SeaQuest model that has had the knob replaced at some point in time? Or at some point did someone pair a SeaQuest 2nd stage with an Aqualung 1st stage?

The SeaQuest version of the Pioneer/Nordic is the Century. Aqualung US does not have kits for the Century. I will probably not be taking the time to search on a part-by-part basis to see if they are all available a la carte or not. Also, the listed parts for the Pioneer/Nordic are not the same as listed for the Century. Sometimes that is just because a numbering system for o-rings has changed between printings, but I don't know that is the case here or not.

You are in Netherlands and not the US, right? Unless you luck upon someone that has been working on these for 20 years and knows all of the ins and outs, I suggest you not spend any more time trying to keep this one alive.

The Cryo by the way is a cold water version, suggesting the 1st stage is also cold water.

Hi Roland. I found your post now. It was crosslinked with a previous post of mine on a Spiro Pioneer regulator (Spiro Pioneer Service Manuals). I believe mine is identical to yours with the difference that the Yoke black handle says SPIRO on mine and Aqualung in yours. I got mine from an old diver here in Sweden. ScubaBoard is big in the US and the guys here are extremely useful with information, the only caveat being that the regulators we may have were sold in Europe and not in the US and appeared under different brands during different periods of time.

I have been slowly collecting information on the regulator and today I got a technical manual for it. I also know of a german site sells service kits for the regulator (www.watersafetyshop.eu, items 820264 and 820269). They are pricey kits and bringing the regulator to life may require more than that. I am still not convinced if I want to put it back in service, mainly because it is a YOKE regulator but I have not given up on it.

Your original post is more than 2 years old now so this may not even be relevant any more but I thought it was easy for me to try to help since I have been helped a lot in this forum. Best

Jordi

Hi Roland. I found your post now. It was crosslinked with a previous post of mine on a Spiro Pioneer regulator (Spiro Pioneer Service Manuals). I believe mine is identical to yours with the difference that the Yoke black handle says SPIRO on mine and Aqualung in yours. I got mine from an old diver here in Sweden. ScubaBoard is big in the US and the guys here are extremely useful with information, the only caveat being that the regulators we may have were sold in Europe and not in the US and appeared under different brands during different periods of time.

I have been slowly collecting information on the regulator and today I got a technical manual for it. I also know of a german site sells service kits for the regulator (www.watersafetyshop.eu, items 820264 and 820269). They are pricey kits and bringing the regulator to life may require more than that. I am still not convinced if I want to put it back in service, mainly because it is a YOKE regulator but I have not given up on it.

Your original post is more than 2 years old now so this may not even be relevant any more but I thought it was easy for me to try to help since I have been helped a lot in this forum. Best

Jordi
Hi Jordi
If you would answer my message from the 30.12., I could send you the Cryo Poppet even together with a Pioneer/Nordic DIN connector........
P1070084.JPG
P1070077.JPG

Back
Top Bottom