Search and Rescue - Scubaboard Staff Member - Northernone - Missing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
google translate should be outlawed.

This is what was reported in our ANOAAT group by someone who is close to him and has spoken directly to his mother:

Cameron and his mother went on a shore dive in the north. They separated during the dive (as part of the dive plan). She made it back to shore as planned and he has not yet shown up. He did have a scooter, his mother returned with the camera. Cameron is a highly trained and highly skilled diver. I too hope that he exited way up north and is still walking back, sadly this is probably wishful thinking. Because of his experience, this indicates he probably got into some serious trouble. Prayers that you are found alive Cameron!

Thanks Christi. It's not sounding so good considering the current time & unfortunately I'm not going to sleep very well knowing this. I can only hope there will be better news tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing what ANOAAT group received.
DeepL does a far superior job, and I proofread before I posted. The accounts seem to line up. Hoping for better news come morning.

I can only hope for an uneventful outcome :(

My heart is breaking and breaking again for his mother Bonnie. I have never met a person as wonderful as Cameron. He is the kindest and most generous and loving and gentle person I have ever known. I spoke with him this morning about my new deco bottles. Last night he was excited to teach scuba to a friend of mine that is disabled and helped us with our sidemount rigs. Yesterday he sent me info on algorithms and gradient factors. Everyday he helped me to be a better diver, a better husband and a better person.

I hear you Ray

Just recently Cameron and I discussed him volunteering to be one of the instructors in the “adopt-a-diver” program we want to launch. This is a program to teach local
Kids how to dive and groom them to be our future dive leaders - he is a perfect fit and was really excited about participating and volunteering. To say this news was shocking is a huge understatement. Prayers for his mom Bonnie and all of those who know and love him. And continuing prayers for a miracle that he is found alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom