Search and Rescue - Scubaboard Staff Member - Northernone - Missing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most recent update I have, which comes from Henry aka Sloeber at 6:45am is that they’ve driven the road to passion island several times hoping to find him walking it. No luck so far. Currently looking for a helicopter pilot.

There are search boats out and I just posed the question if those with available boats can help.

Continuing prayers for Cameron, his family, friends and search team - don’t give up hope yet!

Any one know if he carries a PLB?

Knowing Cameron he’ll show up with a good story. Hoping so...

Knowing Cameron he’ll show up with a good story. Hoping so...

I do certainly hope so. It'll be much easier to locate him.

Here is his last quote about PLB:
No PLB as of yet but I do see their value especially with the open ocean ready to carry one away, maybe they will become standard kit in the near future.

However, that was back in October, 2016. Hopefully he did carry one by now.

I do carry one with few other signaling devices.
Best signaling devices from the searcher’s point of view - update

I’ve never meet Cameron but have found myself thinking of him all day yesterday and today...quite a community this website brings together. I’ve had many conversations and exchanges with him. Hoping for good news!

Dive safe

Last day in Coz...this is on my mind. I am watching all the dive boats loaded up with divers going out to their dives. Sure puts things in perspective.
I am praying for his rescue.

If he did, I don't think we'd be having this sad discussion. Another piece of expensive gear to buy, reregister every two years, keep up with, etc. - but if I ever need mine, I'll be glad that I bothered. Mine is nearly 6 yeas old now, time to reregister as well as get the battery replaced between trips. I'm ordering new o-rings, too.

Reactions: Dan
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom