Search and Rescue - Scubaboard Staff Member - Northernone - Missing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No better words can come to mind than the ones i read in your requiem Ray. With tears in my eyes i recognize the defeat we all have to deal with in not finding Cameron and bringing him back to his family and selfishly of course also to us.. he will be on my mind and thoughts for a very long time and certainly on every dive from here on out..

In a very short time, Cam has touched the lives of so many. Sadly, I barely knew him, save for one brief discussion. I admit he was very patient with me, I certainly learned a bit about the reefs, that day. Truly aged beyond his years. My heart goes out to all involved in this journey, especially Cam's family. God's speed, my friend.

Very sad news.

Will be heading down to Roatan in a couple weeks.

This is going to be on my mind a lot. And well that it should be.

This note:
...One of the three divers noticed a bit of reef damage at about 50m near the Eagle Ray Alley. He said it appeared to be something akin to anchor damage with a few toppled over barrel sponges that were broken off. This area of the reef is not normally an anchorage point, and certainly not on the wall at 50m. (Side note - this location is miles away from the video Cameron posted of anchorage damage downtown.) When pressed if it could be damage done by a troubled diver he said it was possible, but he could not confidently say yes...

reiterate again here:
...Midweek a diver on CCR discovered damage to the reef at 50 meters down current from where they had separated at 22 meters. It was reported that it looked like anchor damage but of course that was not a place for an anchor and the depth is far too deep for anchorage by any boat that would have been in that area. Boats don't anchor in that area even shallower because of the current..

seems to be the only clue we have to what could have happened to Cameron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom