Search Continues One Year Later for Cave Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why is this in the basic section?

And why not in the advanced / cave diver section?

Or the RIP section?

I am sorry but I wasnt sure where to put it,
The missing diver wasnt a certified caver diver....so would it belong in that category?
Also since no body has been found there is no firm conclusion that there was a death,....so would it belong in the RIP section?

Why is this in the basic section?

And why not in the advanced / cave diver section?

Or the RIP section?
Perhaps because it's in the context of a general interest item, and since he hasn't been found, there is actually no conclusive data to declare him dead. Especially in light of the unusual circumstance of his entry into Vortex, and his troubled times prior to his disappearance. The fact that he disappeared in a cave is secondary to the OP's point.

The article gives insight into Ben McDaniel's families anguish over the last year.

Interestingly it also gave some facts that I didnt know:
describes Vortex Spring as one of the most dangerous underwater caves in the world,
said that a Vortex Spring employee unlocked the gate.
quotes a brother wondering about ????

The article gives insight into Ben McDaniel's families anguish over the last year.

describes Vortex Spring as one of the most dangerous underwater caves in the world,.
To the untrained that venture in,... any underwater cave is dangerous. I almost wound up a statistic there a few years ago:shakehead:

That is interesting,... Why?:confused:

Truly a rough time for the family and very rough time for cave divers as well as the press does not take a vacation from pushing the persona of demonizing caves.
I feel for the family and wish that their son / brother would be returned to them asap.
I just hope that this incident does not cast a shadow over the entire cave community to the general public.
It is hard enough to maintain parks and cave diving opportunities.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Shouldn't this be in the Mexico forum? And did we really need to start a new thread? Is somebody in need of "new thread" attention?

describes Vortex Spring as one of the most dangerous underwater caves in the world,

It's not a "fact" that Vortex is one of the most dangerous caves in the world.

First I have heard of an employee opening the gate. Any chance a reporter might get it wrong?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom