Search for an inexpensive rec computer running Buhlmann

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah, its killing me to. I'd love to have a dive computer offering at my future dive op from Deep 6 that is in the price range of the computers listed. I've already standardized on their bp/w, regulators, and fins (oh, sorry @cerich, flippers). I will standarize on their wetsuits and dry suits as well (the Med isn't that warm beginning/end of season, and I'll have to invest in better exposure protection to generate more business in May/early June, October into early November).
There is a reason to have local distribution. Are you really going to want to ship stuff across the Atlantic every time you have an issue or need to get more kit? The customs hassle alone makes that silly, then there is USD vs EURO. Eastern Europe is making/rebadging plenty of equivalent kit.

Eastern Europe is making/rebadging plenty of equivalent kit.

Being from Eastern Europe myself, I'd take Chinese kit over it any day. Unless you personally know the muthafacturer and are living within the shooting distance of them -- then you can get together over a beer and work out ypur issues with their kit to the mutual satisfaction. Usually.

There is a reason to have local distribution. Are you really going to want to ship stuff across the Atlantic every time you have an issue or need to get more kit? The customs hassle alone makes that silly, then there is USD vs EURO. Eastern Europe is making/rebadging plenty of equivalent kit.
well, I hope to be a distributor for Deep 6 when I open up my dive shop in Greece. It just has to make economic sense for Deep 6 and their customers.

The Seac looks pretty good as long as a GF high of <85 is OK, manufactured in Italy. We'll have to see how the Atmos Mission One from Taiwan does. Very attractive with custom GFs. Of course, what will Deep 6 reveal soon?

We may be getting there. I keep thinking, I paid just $400 for my Nitek Q before DGX went out of stock. It was a great way to learn Buhlmann

This is a remarkable and unusual post: it is clear, concise, informative, and void of snarky and cryptic comments. Good job!

Oh, snap . . .

Oh, snap . . .

Clear concise informative posts make Jack a dull boy.

maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom