• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Search for an inexpensive rec computer running Buhlmann

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by scubadada, Dec 5, 2019.

1. KenGordon

KenGordon Rebreather Pilot

There is a reason to have local distribution. Are you really going to want to ship stuff across the Atlantic every time you have an issue or need to get more kit? The customs hassle alone makes that silly, then there is USD vs EURO. Eastern Europe is making/rebadging plenty of equivalent kit.

2. dmaziuk

dmaziuk Orca

Being from Eastern Europe myself, I'd take Chinese kit over it any day. Unless you personally know the muthafacturer and are living within the shooting distance of them -- then you can get together over a beer and work out ypur issues with their kit to the mutual satisfaction. Usually.

3. wetb4igetinthewater

wetb4igetinthewater Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    well, I hope to be a distributor for Deep 6 when I open up my dive shop in Greece. It just has to make economic sense for Deep 6 and their customers.

cerich and NothingClever like this.
  4. scubadada

scubadada Diver Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    The Seac looks pretty good as long as a GF high of <85 is OK, manufactured in Italy. We'll have to see how the Atmos Mission One from Taiwan does. Very attractive with custom GFs. Of course, what will Deep 6 reveal soon?

We may be getting there. I keep thinking, I paid just $400 for my Nitek Q before DGX went out of stock. It was a great way to learn Buhlmann

5. cerich

cerich ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    that will be tight, i am leaving on 11th for a family holiday and hoping here by then.. not quite sure yet.. literally depends on customs

6. Bigbella

Bigbella Barracuda

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Oh, snap . . .

7. dmaziuk

dmaziuk Orca

Clear concise informative posts make Jack a dull boy.

maxresdefault.jpg