Sears & Roebuck, JC Penneys & Montgomery Wards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Theoretically those ball valves sounded good, but...

Just to be clear for other readers, this is a ball valve. Bob is talking about a "ball check valve".

full.jpg

For same amazing reason, several manufacturers were making snorkels with a upside down "U" at the top and a captured ping pong ball, functioning as a ball check valve to keep water out. Had any of them actually tested a prototype before investing in tooling and inventory it would have saved pool owners a lot of money in the 1950-60s.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't assume that someone is following the thread.:wink:

Bob

Yeah, I probably shouldn't assume that someone is following the thread.:wink:

I am so guilty of that! It is so easy to think we're having a conversation over lunch between friends when the reality is every word is being broadcast to the world and preserved for eternity. Yikes.

I also have a bad habit of quoting someone and dronning on only to have that person say something like "I think that is what I was saying"; when I was actually using the quote as a backdrop to add to their viewpoint.

Ya didn't have to tell me it was preserved for eternity, now I'll get all self-conscious.

Bob

Ya didn't have to tell me it was preserved for eternity, now I'll get all self-conscious...

I'd rather have Akimbo go down in the annals of history as the one who can't tipe, sepll, or manage pooper gramer than the name on my birth certificate. @Sam Miller III, what was that great quote from one of your professors you shared with me the other day? Oh wait, that's his real name!!!

I'm late to this but find it fascinating discussion.
My first fins were voits. I used to live in Tehran, Iran. My dad was working for US Army hospital that existed there for our soldiers serving in Iran. We got some of our snorkeling stuff from the armed forces catalog he used to bring him. Scuba diving was illegal in Iran. The king thought that it would lead to sabotage of military and civilian critical structures like dams and what have you. I can say more but don't want to distract from thread subject.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom