Seaskin drysuits - types of pee valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
I am considering to add a pee valve as an accessory to a Seaskin dry suit if I purchase one
I know there are 2 types: balanced and unbalanced. Even though balanced would be an improved version, they are more expensive and much more important I have often heard negative comments on balanced valves because they tend to leak frequently
So I would have these options
Step 2: Choose your zip and pee valve options (Nova) - Seaskin Custom Diving Suits

B8 Dry Suit Option - Fitted SiTech Trigon Pee Valve £73.20
B9 Dry Suit Option - Fitted SiTech Pee Valve £70.01
B10 Dry Suit Option - Light Monkey Non Balanced P-Valve Fitted to Seaskin Drysuit £49.20
B11 Dry Suit Option - Light Monkey "Tinkle" Balanced P-Valve Fitted to Seaskin Drysuit £99.60

My first choice would be Light Monkey Non Balanced P-Valve Fitted to Seaskin Drysuit both for price and efficiency reasons

The Light Monkey pee valves are great, I personally use a tinkle valve and don't have a problem, but I'm pretty religious about flushing it after the dive to try and wash out anything that could screw with it. Unbalanced are dirt simple though, and there's certainly nothing wrong with them.

Anecdotally, the SiTech stuff seems to have more issues.

Please pardon my ignorance, I would like to clarify that I understood well some points...
Unbalanced is just a sort of condom connected to a tube that lets urine flow from the penis to a hole in the drysuit. On the hole there is a valve, than can be closed with a bolt. Preferably the user must urinate when still not far from the surface so to avoid ambient pressure make the urine flow back inside the drysuit
Balanced is again a condom connected to a tube from the penis to the hole in the drysuit, but there is a one-way valve in the tube. The one-way valve lets air flow from inside the drysuit so it is "equalized" but doesn't (or at least would not be supposed to...) let water from outside and urine flow back in. Then there is again a hole in the suit and a valve that lets the urine out. Balanced are better as long as they don't leak (some people complain about this)
Is that correct?

I also have another question. Since at first I would use the drysuit mostly for recreational use, I could even avoid getting the pee-valve and see if I can simply manage without it. Then it should be still possible to add it in another moment. Does it make sense or is it advisable to have it installed since the beginning?
Thanks

Please pardon my ignorance, I would like to clarify that I understood well some points...
Unbalanced is just a sort of condom connected to a tube that lets urine flow from the penis to a hole in the drysuit. On the hole there is a valve, than can be closed with a bolt. Preferably the user must urinate when still not far from the surface so to avoid ambient pressure make the urine flow back inside the drysuit
Balanced is again a condom connected to a tube from the penis to the hole in the drysuit, but there is a one-way valve in the tube. The one-way valve lets air flow from inside the drysuit so it is "equalized" but doesn't (or at least would not be supposed to...) let water from outside and urine flow back in. Then there is again a hole in the suit and a valve that lets the urine out. Balanced are better as long as they don't leak (some people complain about this)
Is that correct?

I also have another question. Since at first I would use the drysuit mostly for recreational use, I could even avoid getting the pee-valve and see if I can simply manage without it. Then it should be still possible to add it in another moment. Does it make sense or is it advisable to have it installed since the beginning?
Thanks
I think you have the basics grasped well. I would put one in while the suit is being made, you are not required to use it, mine came with a little ball valve for the hose, I have replaced that with quick disconnects but the ball valve serves the purpose well.

My Trigon has had no issues at all. Balanced version.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom