Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a reply from seaskin this morning. And they are going to send the tool and grease. But het also stated that they normally don’t include the grease. Anyway, they will send it and I hope it will be here soon.

I have the Seaskin plastic zipper (apparently YKK) but I got a tube of TiZip silicone zipper grease. YKK recommends using their wax stick which is applied only to the docking area of the zipper.
I know people who prefer tizip lubricant for YKK zippers so that could be intentional.

My suit came with a ziploc baggie that had all the owner's manuals for everything - Si Tech inflator valve, Si Tech dump valve, Si Tech pee valve, Si Tech Quick Neck. And the Quick Neck tool and pee valve disassembly tool and on/off valve for the junk end. And a smaller baggie with TiZip zipper instructions and TiZip zipper lube. So, I guess I got a TiZip zipper...

Ordered a seaskin nova last monday. Still waiting for the confirmation email with the anticipated delivery date...

Ordered a seaskin nova last monday. Still waiting for the confirmation email with the anticipated delivery date...

Their website says that takes about a week, but IIRC mine took a day or two longer than a week.

I'm trying my hardest to be patient, but i had a suit leak yesterday and the new one can't come soon enough.

I'm trying my hardest to be patient, but i had a suit leak yesterday and the new one can't come soon enough.

Bummer! I'm afraid you've still got a long wait ahead...

My suit came with a ziploc baggie that had all the owner's manuals for everything - Si Tech inflator valve, Si Tech dump valve, Si Tech pee valve, Si Tech Quick Neck. And the Quick Neck tool and pee valve disassembly tool and on/off valve for the junk end. And a smaller baggie with TiZip zipper instructions and TiZip zipper lube. So, I guess I got a TiZip zipper...

That's what I thought too, since I got the TiZip lube, and since the zipper doesn't say YKK on it anywhere. It also doesn't have a similar zipper pull to the YKK plastic zip on my Santi (and the Santi says YKK). When I emailed Seaskin to ask they said "It's a YKK." I guess theirs don't have any label on them, and also they for some reason don't provide the YKK zipper lube but use the TiZip one? I didn't get any further explanation than that.

My suit also came with the little pizza cutter and instructions for the Si Tech Quick Neck and the instructions for the Apeks inflate / dump valves, the Si Tech Trigon P valve.

I was wondering the same thing since I ordered a YKK zipper and got a TiZip grease tube.

If you look on the Seaskin site, the image for the YKK zipper looks like the zipper on the suit, so I did not bother contacting them to see what they actually fitted to my suit.

The cryptic maintenance leaflet for the zipper instructs a drop of the grease to be applied every 10cm or so along the zipper also, not just the gate. I am sticking with this for now. I use some other zipper lubricant for the protective zippers.

I would say any diving brand silicone grease will do, I don't think that TiZip tube has anything special in it.

I did a bit of digging around and am now convinced that keeping the plastic zipper fully closed when storing is the way to go on these. I would say it only needs periodic greasing but I bet I will apply a bit before every dive...

@wwunder
I ordered mine on sunday 15. And got the confirmation Email on 16.

But proposed despatch date is is December 13
:(

Back
Top Bottom