Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I much prefer zippered pockets and by putting a long pull on one zipper it’s so much easier to use than Velcro, at least for me and I mostly shore dive in sand.

Yes! I had velcro pockets on my last pre-Seaskin suit. I agree the zippered pockets are so much easier to use!

I am glad to hear the Seaskin zippers don't have issues with sand.

Yes! I had velcro pockets on my last pre-Seaskin suit. I agree the zippered pockets are so much easier to use!

The sand is omnipresent on entry and exit, it’s why I switched to sealed first stages but for the zipper it would take a big chunk to stop the zipper, one thing I do during the dive is slide it open once I’m don’t to be sure it’s working and to make sure it’s closed and in the position I like which is top forward, leash is on the rear zip so all I need do it pull back to open.

The sand is omnipresent on entry and exit, it’s why I switched to sealed first stages but for the zipper it would take a big chunk to stop the zipper, one thing I do during the dive is slide it open once I’m don’t to be sure it’s working and to make sure it’s closed and in the position I like which is top forward, leash is on the rear zip so all I need do it pull back to open.

Exactly how I have mine.

Lots of great feedback here. I am going to stick to the zippered pockets despite being tempted by the larger size of the expedition pockets, go the Sitech dump and inflator valve, wide braces, and add a pee valve now even though I won't use it for a long time.

I am not going to add the wrist trilobyte because I mount one on my Shearwater and it is only a matter of time before tech diving results in a second Perdix with trilobyte on the other wrist, and I think that is too many trilobytes for one wrist. Or should I have two trilobytes on each wrist, with herds of additional trilobytes festooned on my harness and dripping off my waistbelt, then a fashionable trilobyte bracelet around each ankle? Hmm, have we ever had a trilobyte fashion contest? Scuba fashion is best fashion. I will have to watch out for sales on trilobytes...

I am sticking to the 150gram undersuit because if it is too thin I have plenty of suitable underlayers, but I am highly cold tolerant and if the 250gram is too warm for Lake Erie diving, well, it will be useless to me. Thanks to @acreichman @laikabear @drk5036 @vioch @stuartv @StefinSB @lexvil for all the help.

Every zipper has issues with sand ..... Comes with the territory. Question is not if but rather when they will get stuck.

Okay, I got my order confirmation from Seaskin today, expected shipping date is January 29th 2021. I got every bell and whistle I thought I might want, including the Kubis, Trigon pee valve, Quick Neck, extra replacement seals, Sitech valves, undergarment, and one of their sidemount pouches. I did chicken out in the end and got black with blue sleeves. Total with shipping was about $1500, but of course that includes extra stuff. The drysuit itself with all options was under $1300.

Very excited now, and I will update when my new baby arrives.

Does anyone know if they do any sort of black Friday deals on these suits?

I've never seen or heard of any "special" or sale on Seaskin stuff. It's already so inexpensive...
Yeah, they are pretty affordable, but things can always be more so :) and a penny saved, it's a penny used for more dive gear lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom