Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,
Great thread!
Lots of information.

Has anyone tried halo 3d with 'normal' cut and also with the 'big' cut which allows for thicker undersuit to be used?

Thanks!

Woohoo it arrived!!!! For the initial zipper waxing any recommendations? I have the YKK plastic zippers and it came with a beeswax bar, any particular recommendations? I thought I read somewhere for the plastic zippers to only lubricate near the docking stations then zip it up a few times?

Other than using Talc on the seals/suit any other pre-first dive recommendations?

I did get a quick neck system (no extra seals) was I supposed to get a tool with them?

the water was 43-44F. I was so warm, I wore the 150 the next day, in the same water, and was warm enough.

Wow, that is 7 Celsius degrees

Woohoo it arrived!!!! For the initial zipper waxing any recommendations? I have the YKK plastic zippers and it came with a beeswax bar, any particular recommendations? I thought I read somewhere for the plastic zippers to only lubricate near the docking stations then zip it up a few times?

Other than using Talc on the seals/suit any other pre-first dive recommendations?

I did get a quick neck system (no extra seals) was I supposed to get a tool with them?
You want to use the talcum on the inside of the suit. That makes it “slide” easier over your undergarments. I didn’t do that the first few dives and it made a noticeable positive difference after I finally did that.

i have all their undies. They fit well, are warm, and wick moisture well.

I wore the 250 under my trilam last year in Lake Erie. The water was 43-44F. I was so warm, I wore the 150 the next day, in the same water, and was warm enough.

Wow, that is 7 Celsius degrees

There is considerable variation in cold tolerance among folks. And... frankly @stuartv isn't exactly the poster child for "normal." In many scenarios. :rofl3:

I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum. For a 7C (45F) dive of an hour, I'd be wearing my wool base layer, my 250g Seaskin undergarment, and a fleecy vest from 4th Element that I have, thin wool socks under 4th E Hotfoot pro socks, dry gloves with wool undergloves, and I'd probably even get out my deadly, duck-face-inducing K-01 hood. And I'd probably still get cold.

Not that I have a great claim to normalcy either.

My plastic zipper came with a tube of goo. My metal zipper came with a beeswax bar.

My Quick Necks came with the roller tool for installing a new seal.

I think they sent you the wrong bag of accessories.

Back
Top Bottom