Seaskin trilam drysuit purchase simulation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks...
So again I have to make another last minute change to my list. I think I will take the Antaries, so oval ring system

Drysuit Colour: All black
Option-Main Body Dry Zip Cover
YKK Plastic Dry Zip fitted into membrane drysuit
HD Latex Neck Seal
Nova Option-SiTech Oval Cuff Rings (Siflex seals)
Old-style High Profile Apeks Dump Valve
Dry Suit Option - Move Dump (DIR)
Drysuit Tech Boot
Compressed Neoprene Socks
Crutch Reinforcement
Pocket for Nova Large Zipped1 Pkt Z1: Right thigh forward facing
Pocket (second) for Nova Large Zipped: Left thigh forward facing
Allowance for extra thick undersuits
Option-Fully Telescopic Torso
NO Reflective Tape on Arms
Computer Strap Patches x2
Computer Strap Patches x2 (Second set)
Undersuit High Wick Thinsulate 250
PERFORMANCE BASE LAYER TOP BLACK L
LBASE LAYER SHORTS (NEW STYLE) BLACK L
SiTech TRIGON Pee Valve set
Undersuit Suit Option - Pee Valve Hole
Seaskin-Braces Pocket for 25mm elastic
Nova-Option-Quick-Neck-system-with-Silflex-sea
Dry-Suit-Option---Warm-Neck-Standard-Velcro

Finally I am about to get the drysuit! Today I will pull the trigger and get the drysuit as per the list above
Thanks everybody for your help. Really, without your help guys I would have paid a lot more and for a worse suit

Also are you sure you want forward facing pockets? I would get the side. Also if you are thinking about getting dry gloves, ordering them from seaskin is usually cheapest. You can get the Rolock 90s from them. Many of the dry glove systems work ONLY for the oval cuffs, not the dock you originally had. You are not limited to the Antares gloves. The ultima gloves also ONLY work with the sitech ovals.

Also are you sure you want forward facing pockets? I would get the side. Also if you are thinking about getting dry gloves, ordering them from seaskin is usually cheapest. You can get the Rolock 90s from them. Many of the dry glove systems work ONLY for the oval cuffs, not the dock you originally had. You are not limited to the Antares gloves. The ultima gloves also ONLY work with the sitech ovals.

I have been suggested to get forward facing pockets... Which is the advantage of having them on the side?
As for dry gloves, I was planning not to use them since the beginning, but to use other types of gloves and then after step up to dry gloves if I like them. Anyway, if buying them in bundle with the drysuit from Seaskin is cheaper that could make sense too

I have been suggested to get forward facing pockets... Which is the advantage of having them on the side?
As for dry gloves, I was planning not to use them since the beginning, but to use other types of gloves and then after step up to dry gloves if I like them. Anyway, if buying them in bundle with the drysuit from Seaskin is cheaper that could make sense too
Ah given that you are in Europe, getting the dry gloves at a later date shouldn’t be an issue.

Regarding the pockets, where did you get the recommendation from? As far as I can remember, I haven’t seen anyone on scubaboard who has the front-facing pockets. It’s supposedly for sidemount divers who have tanks on the side, making those pockets more inconvenient to access. On the side of the thigh is the “normal” location.

The recommendation comes from a friend of mine. Anyway I can reconsider that.

Ah given that you are in Europe, getting the dry gloves at a later date shouldn’t be an issue.

Regarding the pockets, where did you get the recommendation from? As far as I can remember, I haven’t seen anyone on scubaboard who has the front-facing pockets. It’s supposedly for sidemount divers who have tanks on the side, making those pockets more inconvenient to access. On the side of the thigh is the “normal” location.
I have the deep 6 wetsuit, which has forward facing pockets...I rather like it, but that could just be that I have pockets at all...I haven't gotten a dry suit yet, but was going to see about getting forward facing pockets on it as well... But that's me

I dive with a few tech sidemount divers. None of them have pockets on the front of their legs.

Sidemounters generally seem to prefer a butt pouch to carry all their stuff.

Ciao @Sbiriguda ,
could you share with us your experience with seaskin drysuit?
are you happy with it?
any suggestion on setup?
Any delay after the order?
any mistake on assembly?
what do you like and don't?
did you pay duties and Vat?

feel free :wink:

Back
Top Bottom