Seaskin trilam drysuit purchase simulation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most definitely add a p-valve. I have been diving in dry suits without it, and I found that very... stressful. If you haven't added it yet, the warm neck is also worth having.

I chose 2 large sized pockets, each with zipper, to be put on right and left thigh forward facing. Do you think this choice is correct or perhaps the large size pockets are too big and bulky, or without zipper are maybe easier to use, or it would be better to put them outside the seam instead of forward facing? Thanks

I chose 2 large sized pockets, each with zipper, to be put on right and left thigh forward facing. Do you think this choice is correct or perhaps the large size pockets are too big and bulky, or without zipper are maybe easier to use, or it would be better to put them outside the seam instead of forward facing? Thanks

If you are a sidemount diver, maybe you would want the pockets in front like that. But, I asked a SM friend about that once and her response was that in SM she would always have a big pocket/pouch on her butt, so wouldn't need suit pockets like that.

I don't side mount any more. I only have pockets on the sides. But, I can say that the pockets can be a pain to access when there is a deco cylinder clipped on that same side. On the other hand, I would be concerned about pockets on the front of my thighs catching on stuff. I occasionally feel the front of my thighs brush (or full-on rub) across the bottom of an opening I'm swimming through in a wreck, for example. Pockets would just make it worse and more like to actually catch.

On balance, I will continue with pockets on the sides on future suits as well.

I like my zippered pockets. I think they are very easy to use. I had pockets with velcro flaps on my previous suit and they always annoyed me. Pull a pocket open and try to put my hand inside, only to find the flap partly closed itself as soon as I let go. Or, of course, they are not hard to have pulled open by accident.

If you haven't added it yet, the warm neck is also worth having.

About the neck I have one last doubt. I added HD latex neck but some people say it's too bulky and difficult to use. So I am planning to change it with the "normal" neck that comes with the standard Nova suit. If I understand well, the warm neck option should be the following
Dry Suit Option - Warm Neck Standard - Seaskin Custom Diving Suits

About the neck I have one last doubt. I added HD latex neck but some people say it's too bulky and difficult to use. So I am planning to change it with the "normal" neck that comes with the standard Nova suit. If I understand well, the warm neck option should be the following
If you aren’t going with a changeable neck seal system and silicone the HD latex will last a few years longer, the ability to change seals yourself are one of the more important improvements you can add, the warm neck is a good addition as well.

Dry Suit Option - Warm Neck Standard - Seaskin Custom Diving Suits

I have had suits with regular latex neck seals, silicone neck seals, and neoprene neck seals. If I were getting a glued in seal, I would get neoprene. If I were getting a replaceable neck seal, I would get ... neoprene.

Ok thanks. I have heard that the changeable neck is uncomfortable for some but since i never had my own drysuit until now I try to ask the advice of experienced people and decide consequently

Back
Top Bottom