SeaSoft BCs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueDevil

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge or experience with SeaSoft BCs? Have to admit I have never heard of them before, but in hunting around for a BC to fit a small teenager (and also lightweight for travel) I came across these:

SeaSoft Scuba Products

SeaSoft Scuba Products

They sound like a good idea, lightweight, hugely adjustable, streamlined etc, but I am reluctant to buy without some sort of recommendation or review. This is not a brand I have ever come across in Australia so I would like to hear any comments on the quality of their products.

Dave

Bruce Justinen of SeaSoft posts here. The SeaSoft weigh harness is highly regarded and from the looks of the BC, it should be as good as the best. I kind of like the weight release handle being on the upper right strap. It's plainly visible and easily reached.

Alas, I haven't used any SeaSoft gear so I really can't make a personal comment. But I would use it, given the opportunity. And I would certainly consider buying the BC, other things being equal: price, delivery, support, etc.

In fact, I am trying to get my grandson started in diving. A highly adjustable BC would be just the thing.

Richard

I've been using the seasoft sealion for about 15 dives now. It is very adjustable and comfortable to wear. (the waist strap, shoulder strap, and sides can all be massively adjusted) I had some minor trim issues at first because the weights are in front pockets which caused me to lean forward, but this was corrected with about 5lbs trim weights on my tank straps. Nice quick release weight system.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to both of you for your helpful replies. If anyone else has some further comments on these BCs I would love to hear more. No one in Australia seems to have heard of SeaSoft so I can't rely on local knowledge or go in to a shop and have a look at one.

Thanks for the reply. I would be really keen to hear your feedback when you get back!! Having some feedback from someone who has actually used one would make me feel a bit more comfortable with a purchase.

Hope the trip to Roatan goes well! Hear from you soon.

Dave.

Just purchased a Seasoft TravLite BC and will be using it in Roatan next week. Will post my likes and dislikes after the diving.

Just came back from a week of diving in Roatan. Did 17 dives with the new Travlite BC. Packed nice in my luggage. Took a few dives to get used to but worked great. I will be packing this from now on.

I have two wight pockets and got a new pouch all attached to the cumberbund. Had to add a little extra velcro to the pockets to hold them in place. Will tell SeaSoft to consider this in future manufacturing. I also put a couple of gromets in the cumberbund and added my seaquest knife to it. Easy modifications, but perhaps SeaSoft will look into adding these things.
I also have the SeaSoft light pocket, that holds a UK light on retrackable cord. This keeps the flashlight handy at all times.

Very light and easy to use.

Good Job SeaSoft.

Great to hear your report on the TravLite. Since I am considering this BC for my relatively inexperienced teenage daughter I am wondering if you had any issues with it tending to push you face first in the water? Or any other adverse trim issues?

I would also want to add some sort of utility pocket to hold some safety items (shears, safety sausage, mirror etc). Does the cummerbund take a standard pocket intended for 2 inch webbing or would I need to modify it to fit somehow? What sort of pouch/pocket did you use?

Your report sounds quite positive so I feel reassured that this may be a good item to purchase. Unfortunately the Australian dollar has dropped hugely over the last couple of months. A few months ago it was virtually equal to the US dollar and so overseas purchases were great value for money. But not anymore! I don't understand economics. The US economy is going down the drain whilst ours is relatively healthy by comparison - so why does our dollar drop and the US dollar get stronger!? I just hope the aussie dollar strengthens between now and Christmas, otherwise I guess I just have to accept that it will cost me a lot more than it would have a few months ago.

Thanks heaps for the feedback.

Dave

I am wondering if you had any issues with it tending to push you face first in the water? USING THE TRIM WEIGHTS IN THE BACK SEEM TO MAKE ME FLOAT UP RIGHT WITHOUT FIGHTING IT. I HAVE USED OTHER BACK INFLATION BC AND EXPERINCED THAT PUSH FORWARD.

Does the cummerbund take a standard pocket intended for 2 inch webbing or would I need to modify it to fit somehow? What sort of pouch/pocket did you use? ITS A TWO INCH SO MOST POUCH/POCKETS WILL WORK. SEASOFT TOLD ME THEY ARE WORKING ON A DESIGN FOR A POCKET. I HAPPENED TO BE AT DEMA WHEN I GOT THIS BC AND WAS ABLE TO LOOK AROUND FOR THE SIZE I WANTED.

Back
Top Bottom