Seat for gearing up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
At a lot of my shore dive sites I've been using the trunk of my car to place my gear and sit to don.

Not ideal so I'm thinking maybe there is a fold up seat I can get to set the gear on and gear up. All the ones I've seen though wouldn't work.

Do any of you guys have any ideas or do I need to design and build something?

At a lot of my shore dive sites I've been using the trunk of my car to place my gear and sit to don.

Not ideal so I'm thinking maybe there is a fold up seat I can get to set the gear on and gear up. All the ones I've seen though wouldn't work.

Do any of you guys have any ideas or do I need to design and build something?

Car? Well, there’s your problem. You need to change to a SUV. :D

I’ve seen people use these square workbench looking like tables with legs that fold for gearing up. They’re about the right height. Look at any of the big box home improvement stores for them.

That's an interesting thought. I have an T350 I gear out of, so it's no issue, but I might be downsizing that. I would love to see what comes up.

That's an interesting thought. I have an T350 I gear out of, so it's no issue, but I might be downsizing that. I would love to see what comes up.

If you're diving backmount (single tank, doubles, rebreather), an SUV is, to me, pretty much the perfect height to get into your rig. I have an Escape (nicknamed the Scuba Sherpa). With the back seat up, the cargo area in back is long enough to handle LP85s/HP100/AL80s. Four of the large tanks (or two sets of doubles) fit with room for an AL40 in between. Just pull the doubles up and get into them sitting on the back of cargo area. Other folks might prefer a bigger SUV.

I used to have a Focus sedan. It was awful for gearing up out of single tank.

Now I'm diving SM, all of this isn't an issue, but it's much easier getting gear in and out of the back of an SUV than a car trunk with the lip. Now I just slid tanks or gear bags into the Escape.

For the record it's either single tank steel 100 or double steel 50's.

My honda civic is a 2018 and a new car is not going to happen.

For the record it's either single tank steel 100 or double steel 50's.

My honda civic is a 2018 and a new car is not going to happen.

One of the portable tables should work for you then. I've seen them used with doubles and rebreathers.

Too bad about the car.

Back
Top Bottom