SeaVision color correcting mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OglalaDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Contemplating purchasing a SeaVision color correcting mask. Any of you have one/use one? How are they? Worth the purchase??

I originally bought my SV mask because I needed (gasp) bifocal lenses and they are one of the few places you can get custom ground, optically-correct-U/W lenses at a reasonable price. At that time I thought I'd try the colour-correcting lenses.

I really wasn't that impressed with the colour-correction gimmick. Plus in low light or night dives, the tint in the lens actually cuts down on the amount of light you get.

So, when my prescription changed 4 years later, I got new clear lenses.

Frankly, I don't miss the colour-correcting thing a bit. If I'm that keen on it I just pull out the little UK SL4 light I keep in my BC pocket to adjust the colour.

JMHO, of course. :wink:

~SubMariner~

I agree. It darkens the dive so much that it's really only useful on sunny days or when I expect a long back swim in glaring sunlight.

But, on our last trip to Bonaire it worked really well as in shallow water during the last 20 min of the dives it was really bright. White sandy bottom and lots of sunshine. In certain circumstances it is welcome. I do see a bit more colorful scene with plenty of light. Forget it in low light and never at night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom