Second Hand Dive Computers.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the threat is meant more as a deterrent with no means to really enforce it. "Johnny if I see your hand in the cookie jar before dinner, no DESSERT!" I bet he'd get dessert even if he grabbed a cookie and he probably knows it too.

Besides for the police to be fair they should exclude Suunto Zoops or at least make the punishment more mild.
As normal on SB another thread has gone off the rails. Let me help us get further into the weeds...

LOBs get lots of noob divers who are not used to planning let alone executing 5 dives a day. On at least half of our trips some one not only goes into deco, they manage to lock out their computer.

When they ask the crew why their computer is no longer working, they get to sit out a day.

On our recent trip a diver the week before managed to rack up 30 minutes of deco time. A tank swap was required to complete the obligation.

I am not sure if a used vs new computer would have changed the events.

Maybe not the cheap option that the OP wanted, but I just picked up a Suunto D4i Novo with USB interface and Transmitter for $600.00 CDN.

Probably more than what I need as a new diver, but my instructor was impressed when I told him what I had ordered. LOL.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom