Secure Web Login

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Black Manta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dear ScubaBoard,

I've tried to send emails twice now regarding this topic. Maybe I didn't send them the right way. Any how, I'm an IT (info tech) guy and it appears to me that when members login into the site, their username and password are being sent over the internet without being encrypted. In the IT world this is a huge NO-NO. I would like to know if this is a concern at ScubaBoard and if there are plans to at least transition the login page to a secure (https) site. I believe this would be a huge benefit to SB members, what with identity theft being an ever increasing problem.

Thanks

Dear ScubaBoard,

I've tried to send emails twice now regarding this topic. Maybe I didn't send them the right way. Any how, I'm an IT (info tech) guy and it appears to me that when members login into the site, their username and password are being sent over the internet without being encrypted. In the IT world this is a huge NO-NO. I would like to know if this is a concern at ScubaBoard and if there are plans to at least transition the login page to a secure (https) site. I believe this would be a huge benefit to SB members, what with identity theft being an ever increasing problem.

Thanks

Dear ScubaBoard,

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I responded to your email.

At some point in the future, I'll do this. But right now, I'm kind of busy.

My advice (in the meantime) would be to use a different username and password than you do for anything sensitive. :wink:

OUTSTANDING!! We finally have a secure login!

And completely different forum software since 2013...

Hello. I'm new to scuba board. I joined using my phone but I don't remember what I used for a password. Scuba board seems to recognize my phone when I am on the site but I would like to be able to log in on my computer. Can anyone help? I tried resetting the password and the site says they are emailing me a code to reset but I never get the email.
I am really looking forward to Scuba board on the big screen! (And big keyboard)
Thanks

We sent it to @verizon.net. If that's not the right email, (first part redacted). send an email to support@ScubaBoard.com to let me know what the correct one should be.

Back
Top Bottom