Seeking a new Regulator and BC for international travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nice tip on Z3 I was thinking about the swivel.

I have only used my T3 a couple times but I think the warnings said do not immerse fully in water. My apeks I would just let sit in a tub of water. Atomic warned against this it seems? Was that only due to the second stage? So you CAN immerse the 1st stage in a tub? Im not an engineer obviously, this is all greek to me. I sell products not make em ha.
Any 1st stage can be left sitting in water. Just depends on how much you trust the dust cap to seal.

I am getting back into Scuba Diving and need some new gear for international travel. Any advice on makes/models to investigate with a budget of $750.00 for both regulator and BC?
Divers Supply has a few packages in that price range that look interesting to me:
Buy Scuba Packages at Divers Supply

I am getting back into Scuba Diving and need some new gear for international travel. Any advice on makes/models to investigate with a budget of $750.00 for both regulator and BC?
YOO... Im also new, and I just did the witch hunt of the century for sales, coupons, and price matches... keep looking on sales on amazon, and leisurepro (leisurepro has awesome ppl to chat with online, they helped me a lot), and other scuba sites,
You can easily find a "low-end" (no such thing as low end dive gear) dive kit, that is perfectly ready for all amateur scuba diver needs and more.
I chose to spend a bit more. BUT..... doing the witch hunt...
Rob9876 Has the right Link.
I saved 520 bucks .... from 1630 to 1110... finished my kit. DONE!
Hope this helps.
Cheers!

^^^ We actually got all of our gear except BCDs & Reg from them before doing a liveaboard in December. Now looking at their value system package and upgrading to the Covert reg and 3 gauge console. Lots of good reviews for the package, and the BCD and Covert reg separately. These seem to be great deals on a budget, which we definitely need to be with 2 of us gearing up at the same time. With gear and travel, this can be quite an expensive hobby!

Back
Top Bottom