Seeking Aruba recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charles M

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

I'm going to Aruba for a quick trip over Christmas 2018 and I would like to ask for your recommendations on the following:

1. The best dives in Aruba
2. The best dive shop(s) in Aruba that will take me on those dives and rent me decent equipment
3. Any useful advice on Aruba would also be much appreciated

I'm an Advanced Open Water Diver, who does not own any gear of his own and only does about 2-4 dives a year, but hoping for more now that I've moved to the Caribbean :)

Thanks in advance!
Charles

Hi All,

I'm going to Aruba for a quick trip over Christmas 2018 and I would like to ask for your recommendations on the following:

1. The best dives in Aruba
2. The best dive shop(s) in Aruba that will take me on those dives and rent me decent equipment
3. Any useful advice on Aruba would also be much appreciated

I'm an Advanced Open Water Diver, who does not own any gear of his own and only does about 2-4 dives a year, but hoping for more now that I've moved to the Caribbean :)

Thanks in advance!
Charles

I've only been diving with one operator on Aruba, so my experience is far from a comprehensive answer to the "best of" anything, but this might help:

looking for the Holy Grail+Unicorn+Mermaid of dive destinations for August

I chose Dive Aruba (Dive with Clive" and was happy with the choice. A number of other here on SB did the same and posted favorably

Dive with Clive...small operation...long bottom times. Yes he is a little rough around the edges but that’s part of the charm.

I realize this is past Christmas 2018 but we had a great time in Aruba with Rudolph at JADS. Very professional/solid DM and let us dive our tanks to our satisfaction once shown capable. We were the only divers, essentially a private charter experience but I do hear they sometimes put more than 4-6 on a boat (something personally we avoid). We had some excellent shore dives at Rocky Beach, better than expected tbh. Will use them again when we return.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom