Seeking comments on St. Lucia diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am considering a trip to St. Lucia in early September. I have never met anyone who has been diving on this island, and would love to get input from anyone who has any recommendations. Is the visibility good like other Carribean islands, e.g. Cozumel, Cayman, Barbados? Is there a particular month/time of year in which visibility is not good due to various factors (e.g. red tide). Any recommended dive operators and their location on the island or nearest hotel...recommended "must do" dive sites? Any advice will be helpful. Thanks!

Welcome to Scubaboard! I second the recommendation for Anse Chastanet. Anse Chastanet has a great dive op. Very professional and safety conscious. One of the most exceptional ones in that respect I have dove with in the Caribbean. Anse Chastanet is very romantic and probably the best resort on the island IMHO. The diving around the Pitons is very good. Vis similar to other islands in the Caribbean. Vis can drop after heavy rain due to runoff. Must do dive: "Superman's Flight". Great drift dive!

Welcome to the scuba board. I would be interested in your trip since I've been spoiled by the Brac and Little Cayman. I would love to go somewhere that is as comparible. Let me know when you get back on your results......Jack the Caymaniac

Having been to both I would return to Little Cayman in a heartbeat. That was some of the best diving I have ever experienced. I don't know if I would return tot St. Lucia for the diving. It was ok but not world class.

IMHO, Little Cayman and St. Lucia are in no way comparable, either topside or u/w.

The diving on LC is light years superior. Also, it is very small with almost no development.

Depends upon what you want.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom