DIR- GUE Seeking Fundies I buddy for possible May/June 2019 course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I aspire to this level of calmness and collectedness in all of my interactions with things clipped off to lines.

I did GUE Fundamentals Part 1 over a weekend in High Springs about three weeks ago. My instructor was Meredith Tanguay. I did the Part I because I couldn't work out four or five days in a row. Highly recommended. I will try to get the Fundies Part 2 in the future or might actually take a full sequence, but I got more than I expected out of doing Part 1.

Great to know. The last sentence is excellent and shows good logical thought. I like it very much

I believe that not getting a tech pass should not be viewed as a failure as long as you're learning and improving.
Even not getting a rec pass should not be IMO. I know, because I did not even manage to get thru a rec pass when I took the class a few years ago despite over 3 decades of diving experience. At the time, I was really dissatisfied and somewhat depressed but I continued to dive trying to get better.

2. One can significantly improve their skills but not earn a tech pass.
Yes for sure but its hard in today's goal oriented society. Goal should be to become a better diver not just pass.

1. Focusing on the outcome rather the learning can detract from the learning itself.

Difficult to do but is very true.
Getting straight advice from seasoned divers about these courses and finding an instructor who truly cares are key components of a strategy that maximizes your success.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom