Seeking the DIR Answer: Must DIR Shops be Committed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NWGratefulDiver:
Of course ... :blinking:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Oh c'mon it was a joke! :D

TheRedHead:
Oh c'mon it was a joke! :D
It was also the truth ... :D

No worries ... I have no need to "prove" my DIRness ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
It was also the truth ... :D

They're so conservative too. :rofl3:

NWGratefulDiver:
You know me way better than that, Richard ... we were both on doubles ... we each ended the dive with enough gas to go back and do it again ... and still have adequate reserves.

How ... judgmental ... of you (why am I not surprised) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Not any more than you.

NWGratefulDiver:
Moral of the story ... even GUE-trained divers can screw up. Most people do at some point or another until they get enough experience at doing things a certain way to make it second-nature.

rjack321:
Not any more than you.
Do you disagree with me?

Have you never known a GUE trained diver to make a mistake?

I'm basing my statement on the assumption that all divers are human, and humans make mistakes. Good training will teach you how to minimize them, and how to deal with them ... but we all make them. Betchya even you've made a mistake at some point in your diving experiences ...

OK ... your turn. When you said ...
rjack321:
If the buddy was unaware of the deco obligation, its also unlikely they had enough rock bottom gas for Bob in event of a failure. Good thing there weren't any other than the seperation.
... what assumption were you basing that on? Knowing ... as you do ... that I put a heavy emphasis on gas management in my dive instruction, do you honestly think I'd allow myself, my dive buddy ... or even a student ... to overlook it?

Or was there supposed to be some other message in that comment?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

For an activity that's supposed to be fun, this sure is turning into a mud-slinging contest. :rolleyes:

SparticleBrane:
For an activity that's supposed to be fun, this sure is turning into a mud-slinging contest. :rolleyes:

My tanks are bigger than yours!:mooner:

Bob why do you continue to post here? You have said several times that you are not DIR and don't wanna be.

You "planned" a deco dive which was definately not DIR and then complained that a GUE trained diver got confused and screwed up. Could it be that maybe the plan was wacked to begin with? It takes at least 2 to get seperated. You stayed behind to fulfill your computer deco obligation just as much as the other diver "left you".

SparticleBrane:

Sure is. Earlier in the thread it took me 2 days to wash off the "mud" :shakehead:

rjack321:
Bob why do you continue to post here? You have said several times that you are not DIR and don't wanna be.

Let him post. He was with a GUE diver so maybe it's good discussion. In spite of the mudslinging I for one think this thread as been productive. There are DIR divers here, OW divers and OW divers on the DIR/GUE path. Let's not forget all DIR divers started out as OW divers. Let the forum stay "open" to different viewpoints while at the same time promoting DIR in a professional manner. This, BTW, is coming from an OW diver on the GUE-F path.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom