Seeking waterproof/underwater fanny pack/bag/belt pack for snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

since its so hard finding an underwater fanny pack, i guess finding an underwater backpack would be impossible, lol

Thanks for the link, I'll look into the hard cases as well

I'd just look into a small hard case (like a Pelican or Otter box) that you can put into a regular fabric non-waterproof fanny pack.

And still cross your fingers if you're taking them underwater.

Alternately, consider buying a cheap, used underwater flashlight. They're reliably waterproof, and, while a tad bulky, you could stick on in a regular fanny pack (as with the Otter box) and take it with you. Dump out the light bits, and just stick your stuff in the battery compartment.

Alternately, consider buying a cheap, used underwater flashlight. They're reliably waterproof, and, while a tad bulky, you could stick on in a regular fanny pack (as with the Otter box) and take it with you. Dump out the light bits, and just stick your stuff in the battery compartment.

Now that's a "bright" idea! doh!:D

Now that's a "bright" idea! doh!:D

Used flashlights can be had really cheap on eBay, too... especially if they don't work but are still watertight. Lots of people ditch perfectly good older halogen flashlights in favor of new high tech LED lights. Since you don't care about the bulb portion in this case, the lights can be VERY cheap. Yet still VERY waterproof. I've seen 8D UK lights that would hold a subway sandwich dry to 200' for $10.

LOL, That's a good idea, maybe I can mod it to be a fanny pack, I'll call it the fanny-light =)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom