Seiko Automatic 7S26-0029 Runs Out of Steam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buadhai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I have an old Seiko Automatic Diver's watch (model 7S26-0029) that I have to reset every morning because a day's wear doesn't keep it running all night. I wear it about 8 to 10 hours a day. Should that be enough to keep it running all night?

I don't know that model Seiko, but I've had a few automatic watches including a Rolex. In my experience the watch should have a reserve of at least 48 hours after wearing it for the day. When did you have it serviced last? Probably just needs a full service.

Thanks for that. It's never been service. I live in rural Thailand so it's going to have to wait for a visit to Bangkok.

Cheers.

I have a 7S26-0040 (and a Rolex, others, etc.), and it "reserves" about 2 days (40 + hours) worth of movement. Wearing it 8 to 10 hours a day, everyday should easily carry time through the night. Perhaps you need a cleaning or "adjustment".

Follow up: My wife called the Seiko Service Center in Bangkok. They advised that we could drop off the watch at the Seiko Center at The Mall here in Korat. They said it would take about a month!

We dropped the watch off this past weekend. Oddly, the service guy seemed quite concerned that my watch says "Movement Singapore" on both the face and the back. He said he'd never seen that before. All the watches of that model either say nothing or "Movement Japan".

He confirmed that the watch should have at least two days of reserve time after being fully wound. He also said it would take three or four weeks.

Follow up: My wife called the Seiko Service Center in Bangkok. They advised that we could drop off the watch at the Seiko Center at The Mall here in Korat. They said it would take about a month!

We dropped the watch off this past weekend. Oddly, the service guy seemed quite concerned that my watch says "Movement Singapore" on both the face and the back. He said he'd never seen that before. All the watches of that model either say nothing or "Movement Japan".

He confirmed that the watch should have at least two days of reserve time after being fully wound. He also said it would take three or four weeks.

Glad to hear, keep us posted on outcome.

Yeah def. get is serviced that should cure it.

The Seiko service centers say a month. But I got mine back in under two weeks. They probably think it's better to over estimate than to under estimate repair time. Then when you get you watch back early you're happy.

My Seiko was gaining 5-7 minutes per day. But this was after 13 years of daily wear so not bad in my opinion. Got it serviced and now it's good as new.

So, I dropped the watch off on September 11th. Seiko just called today (18 days later) to say that the cost of the repair will be 1200 baht (about US$35.00) and will take two more weeks.

So far, I'm not impressed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom